Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Old printed Paper Screen Chronograph

Boolit Buddy

Old printed Paper Screen Chronograph

Back in 1984 I purchased a Chronograph from Custom Chronograph Co. located in Brewster WA. While for todays standards very primitive using printed Paper Screens, it served me well over the years. However my stash of Paper Screens is getting thin and I believe the Company is no longer in existence. I hate to throw something out what really works quite well.

Just wondering If anybody knows a Place still selling those printed Paper Screens.

Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately I dislike Electronics which have a habit to break down or have issues when you least expect it.

However if someone still has a Stack and wants to sell, it may be worth the postage and something extra.

However If I cant find printed Paper Screens, this old Mountain Game Guide will try if I can make my own with an Circuit Scribe Pen.

Cheers

Boolit Master
    A bit of a hassle, but, you could make your own with some fine copper wire. Apply glue to paper, lay on copper. Put another paper on to make a sandwich. Onion skin paper would do fine.

I made my first chronograph (yes, crystal and discrete IC's). I also made the screens that way. Made a jig with nails in a board proper spacing for the wire. The holes in the paper didn't matter for functioning. After a while I got really good at it.

FWIW, any fine wire works. Heck, even not so fine if you have to.