Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, March 07

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, March 07

Good morning all. This is a constant discussion between myself and others. It seems like a harsh message, and it is, if you're a non believer, but the truth can be harsh. Nobody said it would be easy. Have a safe and blessed day.

The Broad Road And The Narrow Road
    by Dr. Robert Jeffress

There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
    –Proverbs 14:12

Jesus said there are two roads in life that lead to two very different destinations. He explained in Matthew 7:13-14, “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

In seeking to be inclusive, a lot of Christians say things like, “Different religions are just different paths up the same mountain.” No, there are not multiple ways to heaven; there is one way. Jesus Himself said in John 14:6, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Think about this: if a person can go to heaven regardless of which path he follows, then the death of Jesus Christ was wholly unnecessary–He need not have endured the agony of the cross. In fact, that is what Jesus prayed for in the garden of Gethsemane before He was crucified: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me” (Matthew 26:39). But heaven was silent. God said nothing because there was no other way. There is only one pathway that leads to heaven–Jesus said it is a narrow road, and few people are on it.

One of the most common arguments against the exclusivity of Jesus Christ for salvation is the existence of other religions. People say, “How could all those other people be wrong? Are you saying most people are going to hell?” Yes. Jesus said the majority of people are not on the narrow road to heaven; they are on the broad road that leads to eternal death. The fact that a minority of people profess to be Christians simply affirms what Jesus said.

At the end of the day, there is not a dime’s worth of difference between all the other religions in the world, because they are all based on what you have to do to make it into heaven. That is the broad way that most people are on: salvation by works. It is an appealing way to try to get to heaven because you get to play a part in it. Your salvation is based on your own merit. However, remember Proverbs 14:12: “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Christianity and Christianity alone is about what God has already done for us–sending His Son, Jesus, to cover our sins. But we have to choose to accept His forgiveness and follow the narrow road to heaven instead of the broad road to hell.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

A good reminder there and we as Christians best not be silent!

Moderator Emeritus

Amen....Amen.....Amen! A truly great way to start the day!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen, one way only!

Boolit Master
    Amen, strong message, but we need it and also share it. Hard to argue with John 14:6.

Boolit Grand Master
    It is a message I struggle with. It points to a God that, for whatever reason, excluded much of mankind from heaven. There were many other civilizations in existence at the time of Jesus who would not hear the message for centuries.

It is easy for Christians to accept that the only way to eternal life is through Jesus because it fits our way. It also allows the most depraved and disgusting person eternal life just by accepting Jesus...even just before death. A "get out of jail free" card so to speak.

"Screw" those who have not heard the Word. Sucks to be them but I am fine.

Jews have never accepted Jesus and yet they are the "chosen people". Another question that I wrestle with. The Jews angered and disappointed God many times. Maybe God gave up on them. But He would have known that before they would transgress against Him from the beginning of time so it would not have been a surprise to Him. He knew what the Jews would do and yet still made them His chosen children...at least before the NT.

We may be lucky to be born as Christians (as most people are not Christians by choice but by being raised in a Christian family). Through our luck, we may have become arrogant. We are right and others are wrong. The NT affirms our beliefs.

IMO, if God is just, He can only judge those who have heard the Words of the NT wrt eternal life. Millions of others through the ages may have had another path.

As to the Jews. They rejected Christ and none will have eternal life. Is that correct?
    Don Verna

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wonderful lesson.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    "We may be lucky to be born as Christians (as most people are not Christians by choice but by being raised in a Christian family)."

No one is born a Christian; we are all born sinners in need of the Savior Jesus Christ. Everyone has to choose who they will serve; God gives us free will to choose and accept or reject the "Get out of Hell free card" which is in John 14:6.