Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Rooster Jacket?

Rooster Jacket?

I have seen on some YouTube videos something called ROOSTER JACKET. Anyone know who sells this and do you have a web address for it.

ACC

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

Try here...

https://bernardlab.com/rooster-lab-p...-brass-polish/

I would telephone and make sure they are still in business.

Cheers,

Dave

These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    I have an unused bottle. Any reviews on it?
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

I've used it with my 45-70 rounds. Works very well. Easier than paper patching.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

To me it is similar to floor wax that a buddy used for lubing wadcutters when he was doing commercial reloading!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Same material used for lubing .22 Rim Fire lead bullets. Very similar to Johnson Glo-Coat commercial floor wax. Great for .38 wadcutter and standard velocity 158 lead and .45 ACP wadcutter not over 800 fps or for plain-based rifle small game and gallery loads not exceeding 1200 fps.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

I use it. I think I like lla better..but it is interesting. I put my bullets in a small hand colander that's setting in a funnel. and just pour threw the bullets from one bottle to another..then dump on wax paper. 2 coats.
    I only started using it last year vs lla for a looong time. I've only used it on low pressure low fps stuff.

Boolit Buddy

Midway used to sell it. I have a partial bottle. I have used it on tumble lube boolits (45-185-O) in .45 acp ( I am longer loading them due to my drawdown in that caliber) and still actively with tumble lube .38 Special boolits (accurate custom mold 26-127-Q).

My procedure is : I cast the boolits, coat in LLA, let them dry, push thru sizer die, very light coat of LLA, when the second LLA coat dries then I give a light coat of Rooster Jacket. I always make sure to have the rooster jacket boolits dry standing on their bases in an aluminum foil coated former baking tray. The rooster coated boolits are not tacky at this point but still retain all of the positive LLA lube properties. I also think the rooster coated boolits smoke less than just LLA coated boolits alone. In the .38 and .45 the bore after shooting these combo of lubed bullets are impressively free of leading and deposits.

Boolit Grand Master

I have used it on .45 ACP and .38 loads for USPSA and ICORE. It isn’t much of a lube but it worked in those applications. It failed in .357 Mag and .30/30 at even moderate speeds. I liked that it dried clean and dry to handle. It didn’t smoke much either. I no longer use it as LLA/JPW is superior in every respect.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks