Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: corbin point form

Boolit Master

corbin point form

Anyone use one of Corbins ultra low drag secant point form dies? Getting ready to order another 6mm die and wanted opinions on this one?

Boolit Buddy
    I have two, one in .224 and another in 30cal. I have had a full 6mm set with a 10S and ULD on order for 15 months now.
    Last edited by CWME; 03-05-2023 at 11:27 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 6mm Corbin ULD point forming die. Works well.

Boolit Master
    Have a 10S and going to try a 12S or ULD. Things all have to be perfect for me to get a 1" group at 350yds with the 10S. That may be as good as it gets for me.

Frosted Boolits

The way Dave Corbin processes orders is not necessarily the order in which they were received. He takes orders in which they were received, but runs all those dies that are on order. So if someone ordered a 6mm 10s PF die 15 months ago and you order one tomorrow, those 2 orders, plus all other 6mm 10s PF dies will be made at the same time. So if someone’s been waiting for 15 months for a certain die, there’s a good chance if you order the same die that you wait time will be relatively short. I hope that makes sense.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy
    IllinoisCoyoteHunter, it does make sense. They were making .224 stuff at Christmas time I would assume. Got my 22 set on Christmas eve.

Kokomokid, what are you getting for groups with other bullets at 350 yards that makes a sub 1/3rd MOA group bad?

Boolit Master
    I only shoot loads at 350 yds that shoot tight groups at 100 and then under very good conditions. When mirage starts up I usually shoot my Berger or Bib test loads and go to the house. They usually fall into 1.10 to 1.20 inch groups and sometimes larger. The Bib and Berger are boat tail.

For information: Dave Corbin sold his company and his former company has new owners. Dave Corbin stayed with his former company as a consultant.
    Viam supervadet vadens.

Frosted Boolits

Yes. Dave will stick around for about a year as a consultant. The new owners have no plans on changing anything. All current employees will continue to work there.

the BB knows

Boolit Master
    Yep Dave is almost retirement age as are almost all the die makers. If you want to call almost 80 retirement age.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to know that the plans are to keep things the same. Have about 3K in orders pending.

Frosted Boolits

Yeah as long as their main die maker doesn’t decide to retire we should all be good for now. He’s in his 70s.

the BB knows

Pair new owners with the way material costs are increasing and I'm gonna venture a guess that prices will probably increase quite a bit within the year.

Frosted Boolits

It’s not the material costs that’s going to be an issue. It’s the material availability that’s hurting them right now.

the BB knows

Which leads directly to an increase in price if it's something you need doesn't it? Pretty much anything is available if you've got the Benjamin's and are willing to pay, exactly like primers.

Frosted Boolits

Wrong. There is a legit lack of material. Like you can’t get it if you’ve got all the money in the world. If the mills aren’t making it, no amount of money can buy it.

We run several jobs where I work and use 06 tool steel. It’s just not out there and I’ve talked to Dave about it because that’s what they use for their dies. He’s been lucky if he can get a small portions of his orders. Our project managers were told that the mills were not making it like they used to and they are going to quit making many sizes they once offered.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    Wrong. There is a legit lack of material. Like you can’t get it if you’ve got all the money in the world. If the mills aren’t making it, no amount of money can buy it.

We run several jobs where I work and use 06 tool steel. It’s just not out there and I’ve talked to Dave about it because that’s what they use for their dies. He’s been lucky if he can get a small portions of his orders. Our project managers were told that the mills were not making it like they used to and they are going to quit making many sizes they once offered.
    That IMHO is a sign that the world has moved on from that material for the most part. Sure there are still some users but they are more of a boutique product and maybe not spending enough total $$ for anybody to make product for them. The stuff does not go bad so maybe some cooperation between users could secure a large run of the material.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    That IMHO is a sign that the world has moved on from that material for the most part. ...
    Why?
    Viam supervadet vadens.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_4x4 View Post
    For information: Dave Corbin sold his company and his former company has new owners. Dave Corbin stayed with his former company as a consultant.
    That's interesting news. In his last email to me a few weeks ago he said they were working on improvements in methods of productions and logistics to move things along better. Which is good, since they're only now working on orders from September 2021.
    Last edited by wyowillys46; 03-15-2023 at 12:18 AM.

Frosted Boolits

They need to get some CNC machines in that place. That would be a big improvement.

the BB knows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast