RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Glock 21 holster

Glock 21 holster

Anyone carry a Glock 21? Need a holster and I thought I'd ask here. Concealment is difficult given what it is, just curious what someone else might have settled on.

Boolit Master
    I use a military M7 shoulder holster for my G21.
    COME AND TAKE IT
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!

I've got one. Believe it or not, my wife bought it for me maybe 12 years ago when I used to attend the Glock Shoots. But I never did have a dedicated holster for it, as they didn't let you draw from the holster, so I just carried it out to the firing position in the issue black plastic box. Fine pistol, for sure. I think the idea of a U.S. Military-type shoulder holster is a good one.

DG

That might be where I go with this. If a person were wearing a vest would it print easily?

Well, this is kind of coincidental, but I've been playing around with a M7 -type holster most of this winter for carrying my Star Mod. B. Unfortunately, mine is not the genuine article, but a cheaper version sold by Sportsman's Guide. The straps were a bit too short to work well on any way I tried to suspend it, so I ordered new straps from Tandy Leather which then involved punching holes in the new leather. Fortunately I had a nice leather punch. I tried the straps over the back of the neck and around the shoulder, and eventually ended up with just wearing it bandoleer style with the belt strap secured from the bottom of the holster around the belt to anchor it down. This works, but leaves the strap visible across the chest. I've worn it to town this way with a heavy coat, but if the coat is open the strap is visible. With a lot of experimentation I did get the pistol situated to where it is easily accessible, but overall I'm not happy with the arrangement. As already stated, the Glock 21 is a bulky pistol, whereas the Star B is about 1911 size, just a bit more svelte. I'm not a very tall guy, and carry some extra weight, but your physique may work with the M7-type holster. I've also got a Miami Vice type of rig where the pistol is carried horizontally under the left armpit and counter balanced by a double mag pouch under the right armpit. I can recommend this as being very concealable and all the support straps are across the back is sort of a sideways figure 8. However, again, mine is for the Star, but it should also work well with the Glock, especially if you're a big guy. When summer finally returns I'll go back to my very simple inside-the-pants holster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007299.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	311242

DG

Boolit Master

I carry a Glock 41 which is a Long 21, in a Milt Sparks Versa max ISTWB, It`s a big gun but with this holster it work`s well for me. someday I will figure how to post picture`s

After looking at these options I'm thinking about going with a leather vest with a carry pocket built in.

I'm a 6' 230 lb guy with a shaved head and no quick draw artist anyway. I just want it on my person if I need it and a leather vest won't look out of place on me. I've checked and unless I fasten the vest it doesn't print so this should be fine.

I use Blade Tech Kydex Holsters for my G21SF and my G23 and G35, and CZ 83 and S&W 696 as well. None of these have any type of Retention feature and they all live on Gun Belts specific to each individual Pistol with magazine pouches and dump bags. IE: 3 gun holsters. All of them can have either a Paddle to hook the holster to you or Belt Loops that string onto your belt. The Paddle style is easier to get off you when you want to remove it.

If you are going to carry the gun in public a Kydex Holster like a Blackhawk Serpa with the "trigger finger activated latch" is a good one. Using It becomes second nature quickly with enough practice, and once you get your finger placement down so when you draw the gun your trigger finger ends up on the side of the gun above the Trigger Guard. This type of holster allows a fast draw and presentation with the added safety of a positive retention feature so someone can't just come up and take it off you.

I consider a Retention Holster of some kind a minimum for an Outside the Waist Band carry in public. But the Retention Holsters that Cops are forced to use are way too much for me. I see no way to get a decent draw and presentation from one of those. If you were confronted with a real live gunfight where the speed of you draw would decide the outcome of the day you'd be better off looking for cover cuz you are probably gonna get out drawn. Those Holsters were designed so people would have a really hard time taking the gun off the Cop. Not fast draw.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I see no way to get a decent draw and presentation from one of those. If you were confronted with a real live gunfight where the speed of you draw would decide the outcome of the day you'd be better off looking for cover cuz you are probably gonna get out drawn.

When you train with one, they are very fast. Had to shoot a pit bull inside of 30'! The gun was in my hand shot fired, at waist level! To this day, I still don't remember presenting the weapon. One side of the brain was saying this is going to be bad, the other side said, I am not a chew toy. Dog was DRT.
    The good Lord looks after fools and idiots, I don't care which one I was that day, he looked after me!
    Beautiful red nose pit, I felt bad but....
    And nobody claimed her!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    After looking at these options I'm thinking about going with a leather vest with a carry pocket built in.

I'm a 6' 230 lb guy with a shaved head and no quick draw artist anyway. I just want it on my person if I need it and a leather vest won't look out of place on me. I've checked and unless I fasten the vest it doesn't print so this should be fine.
    I have the overland.com "Outback Waxed Canvas and Bison Leather Vest with Concealed Carry Pockets". Bought it about six years ago and love it. I velcro one of those anti slip pocket holsters and have been carrying my 357 Sig with zero issues. I carry a spare mag in the other side pocket. I really like the vest and have received compliments on it. No one knows it is a concealed carry vest. Here is a stock pic from when I bought it. I didn't see one listed now but this cost me $219 back then. Worth every penny to me. Good luck
    Ron
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	311283

I am 6' 205lbs and NOT the guy in the pic. Bit older, grey, and used up

Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    I see no way to get a decent draw and presentation from one of those. If you were confronted with a real live gunfight where the speed of you draw would decide the outcome of the day you'd be better off looking for cover cuz you are probably gonna get out drawn.

When you train with one, they are very fast. Had to shoot a pit bull inside of 30'! The gun was in my hand shot fired, at waist level! To this day, I still don't remember presenting the weapon. One side of the brain was saying this is going to be bad, the other side said, I am not a chew toy. Dog was DRT.
    The good Lord looks after fools and idiots, I don't care which one I was that day, he looked after me!
    Beautiful red nose pit, I felt bad but....
    And nobody claimed her!
    Well if I ever get into a quick draw confrontation I'm proud gonna be toast anyway. It's just not physically possible for me. As I stated earlier I just want it on my person. I'd really like to think I'll never need it but if I'm in the convenience store and the pistol is in the truck it sure won't do me any good then.

You have a valid point and I'm not dismissing it. It's just a problem for me no matter what.

Boolit Master

Understand.
    I have trained with folks that, make me look like a drop of cane syrup coming out of a jar in January.
    The above gun was a GLOCK 21 in a Safariland
    6360 ALS®/SLS MID-RIDE, LEVEL III RETENTION™ DUTY HOLSTER.

Warrior concealment is my EDC holster OWB for a 1911. I have not tried any of their IWB.

The only IWB I have used is a Milt Sparks I bought years ago.