MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: lee .312-155 vs .312-160gr SP review for sks

Boolit Buddy

lee .312-155 vs .312-160gr SP review for sks

Has anyone tried these and what groups can you print at 50yds and 100yds

Boolit Master
    Both of those bullet molds were specifically designed for the 7.62x39 for use in the AK-47 and the SKS rifle. The accuracy that one gets with these two bullets usually depends on the accuracy potential of their rifle, not necessarily these bullets. I have used both bullets in my SKS, and in a converted small ring Mauser. They feed and function perfectly. The Mauser is more accurate than the SKS. These, and many other bullet molds, work superbly in the SKS. My favorite cast bullet for the SKS is the rcbs 30-165-Sil, powder coated and sized to .312", but these loads are too long to fit into an AK magazine. (one of the benefits of the SKS over the AK-47 is that it's magazine will accept cartridges that are a little longer) The accuracy that you get will depend upon your rifle and the skill with which you shoot it, because the bullet molds that you mentioned were made just for your rifle.
    Last edited by 405grain; 03-04-2023 at 09:09 PM.

I’m shooting both of these powder coated and sized to .311. I’m casting mine from an approximation of Lyman #2 alloy and water dropped. They’re generally shooting 2 MOA at 200yds from a Howa bolt gun in 7.62x39. I like the look of the 155 better because of its pointer profile but I like the 160 for the tumble lube grooves. I might give a slight accuracy advantage to the 160. Both get copper gas checked. I’m looking at just under 1800fps for best accuracy with 1680 powder.

Boolit Grand Master

The C312-155-2R sized to .310 and lubed with White Label Carnauba Red goes 1.7 inches for 10 shot 50 yard groups in my 300 BLK AR. That’s bagged with a LPVO scope. I haven’t shot them at 100 yards.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks