Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashlights

i have some acres and a bit of livestock, small scale but the streamlight protac HL4 was a game changer. 2200 lumens. I like reliability and performance and this thing checks all the boxes for now until a bigger better one becomes available.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Grand Master

Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-03-2023 at 09:04 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerShooter View Post
    I have a 1000 Lumen Surefire Weapon light that will do it. Its pretty good to nearly twice that distance.
    I can at least see a high end Surfire light having the ability. I've got what I consider a mid range spotlight I forget the brand, possibly Cyclops. I've never seen a flashlight this bright. You can see coyote pretty good to 150 yards. 200 you can see them, but not what I consider really clear. You can see eyeshine way out there. Taking shots past 150 yards is really tough at night anyway unless you have a good setup where you could get both the spotlight and weapon light on the coyote at the same time. My biggest issue is these spotlights eat C batteries. One good night of hunting, and they are already not as bright. I'd like to get a rechargeable one, or at least find one that can use D batteries.

Boolit Buddy
    If you want a spotlight for distance, look into a LEP light. They will blow your mind.

Fenix makes a nice one, but it's not particularly powerful as far as LEPs go. There are some out there that have 3000+ meter throws.

Fenix HT30R

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    If you want a spotlight for distance, look into a LEP light. They will blow your mind.

Fenix makes a nice one, but it's not particularly powerful as far as LEPs go. There are some out there that have 3000+ meter throws.

Fenix HT30R
    I don't own any LEP's but I am looking into them.

https://leplights.com/

https://1lumen.com/lep-flashlight/
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-03-2023 at 11:07 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Surefire EDCL1-T single battery, I have a dual battery EDCL2-T but it’s 2-battery and it EATS batteries…..

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post

Fenix HT30R
    1500 meters? That's almost a mile. I'm sure it's bright, but certainly you don't really believe there is a light you can hold in your hand that is bright enough to light something up almost a mile away. I mean, I'm sure a lazer pointer is almost as bright at 1 mile as 1 foot, but that doesn't help you at all. Even if they really are super focused beam lazers, I don't see how that can help anyone. If you hunted coyote you would find the only time they ever stop running is the split second to either check out the call or smell you. A 5 foot wide beam doesn't help you at all. Not for taking the shot, and not for scanning for eyes.

I've been using the Surefire G2 series for years, still have three of the incandescent bulb versions. Juts had to finally replace on lamp unit, finally failed. The belt carry is a new model LED Surefire G2 Nitrolon, 600 lumen, works great. Batteries are either Surefire brand or the generic brand from Battery Junction, the ONLY place i buy batteries anymore.

Moderator Emeritus

Guess I am gonna have to upgrade my Wiljen lights. Those are still working just fine. But I do need something brighter with a longer throwing distance.

Boolit Master

Another vote here for Cyclops.

Boolit Master

I like 'em with a simple switch, don't want to cycle thru 3 or 4 settings (plus that silly strobe) to turn one off.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I can at least see a high end Surfire light having the ability. I've got what I consider a mid range spotlight I forget the brand, possibly Cyclops. I've never seen a flashlight this bright. You can see coyote pretty good to 150 yards. 200 you can see them, but not what I consider really clear. You can see eyeshine way out there. Taking shots past 150 yards is really tough at night anyway unless you have a good setup where you could get both the spotlight and weapon light on the coyote at the same time. My biggest issue is these spotlights eat C batteries. One good night of hunting, and they are already not as bright. I'd like to get a rechargeable one, or at least find one that can use D batteries.
    Olight makes a magnetic mount that clamps on the flashlight then has a V magnet that holds onto the barrel. It is STRONG. I have used it on my shotgun and recoil does not budge it. https://www.olightstore.com/x-wm03.html

Anybody know where to get some mortar launch flares?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by alfadan View Post
    Anybody know where to get some mortar launch flares?
    https://exotic-firearms.com/

http://www.ordnancegroup.com/37mm-rounds.html

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Looking in a flea market, wife wanted to, and found a SOLARFORCE L2 flashlight. It had a $2 price tag. Anyone know anything about them? No information on the internet that I can find, just a little larger than the SureFire E2D that went through the bushhog.

The magnetic mount that MaryB posted looks like the cat's meow.

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    Looking in a flea market, wife wanted to, and found a SOLARFORCE L2 flashlight. It had a $2 price tag. Anyone know anything about them? No information on the internet that I can find, just a little larger than the SureFire E2D that went through the bushhog.
    All I can say about cheap flashlights is they work or they don't.
    It seems the cheapest flashlights now are better than the best of thirty years ago.
    I have a bunch of cheap flashlights and most of them are awesome.
    I do like the high dollar ones too.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Olight makes a magnetic mount that clamps on the flashlight then has a V magnet that holds onto the barrel. It is STRONG. I have used it on my shotgun and recoil does not budge it. https://www.olightstore.com/x-wm03.html
    I have a mount screwed right to my forend, but that mount looks nice too. Still, nothing 1" diameter that will fit in these style mounts is going to be effective much beyond 150 yards, hence my statement. I have seen more serious setups that allow farther shooting, but it's beyond what the average guy can do. I guess I shouldn't quite say that. Currently with all this smooth snow, you can probably see a lot farther at night than normal. The best setup for long range would be to hunt over bait, and have a spotlight on a stand, but at that point, why not just sit closer to the bait? That is something I've done. Baiting coyote with dead deer is legal in both MN and SD, and they are happy to let you take roadkill to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12