MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Dillon's No BS Guarantee - They mean it

Boolit Mold

Dillon's No BS Guarantee - They mean it

I have to say, the more I deal with Dillon the more I love them. Was having an issue with my XL650 while loading 45ACP. The loaded rounds wouldn't fit in the chamber checker after seating. After talking with my father, the platform on my 650 is slightly out of alignment causing seating issues. I called Dillon today, they are sending me the realignment tool for free. I've only loaded about 600 rounds after they did a refurb on this press, so I am really impressed with their customer service and the No BS guarantee.
    For those who fight for it, Freedom holds a meaning the protected will never know.

Boolit Master

Welllllllll Not quite. I bought a CV2001 Tumbler from them years ago; with the "NO BULL" Lifetime Guarantee. They would not replace the motor on it when it went bad; and would not replace the entire unit either.

I like the Dillon products and have Many of their products; but learned the hard Way that some claims are "Sales Pitches"; that when reality comes into the issue - maybe not so much on standing behind well intentioned claims/ I will still buy Dillon products; but do a "Cost Benefit" analysis on their products vs others.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

The warranty on vibratory case cleaners purchased after July 1, 1999, was one year from date of purchase. With the current motor, a sealed unit, the warranty is five years. Feel free to message me with your contact information and purchase date.

Boolit Master

It is good to know you were taken care of.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    My experience with Dillon has been great, but you can’t expect them to have the same warranty on electronics that they have on mechanical parts. If I was to pick on them for anything it’d be for their shipping costs on small parts, they should be embarrassed about it, but they aren't.

Boolit Buddy

Dillon is terrific !!! I bought a Super 1050 used set up for 30-06 Called them up and told them I had two hungry 45-70 Gatling guns and needed everything to convert the press to 45-70. One afternoon after everything arrived with instructions, I had the ole girl makin 45-70's. Had a couple of issues so I called them the next day and their customer service guy steered my through the fix. Still crankin out the 45-70's.

Boolit Buddy
    I agree for the most part Dillon does have a good warranty. I also had an alignment issue, and it wasn't that easy to find out you needed an alignment tool. For the cost of the XL650's, I have two you would think one should be included and how and when you need to use it.

Eventually you're going to take things apart and wonder why later something just isn't working like before.

Just some information and anyone owning a XL650 press should reqest one at no charge.

Boolit Grand Master

The only “disappointment” I’ve ever had was they wouldn’t send me a new frame for an old SDB. They gave me an RMA instead. I do understand why though… unscrupulous people would build presses like mailing home a Jeep.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

I’ve needed to call them twice. Neither experience was smooth. Got the , “….sorry, your tumbler is not covered”, pitch. It was, but their first approach was to tell me to go away….

For those of us who do not speak English, Steve Chavez has given us a lot of help.
    I have had to use the warranty and it has been very good
    Other cases I know of have not had such good luck.

I can't say enough great stuff about Dillon. I bought a 550 press in about 1985 and over the years a couple small parts broke. Dillon replaced the parts, no questions asked...

Boolit Grand Master

They have always given me exemplary service. I have used my SDB since 1985 on a variety of calibers. Over the course of time it has worn out the guides, broken the primer catch and other sundry problems. A call to Dillon almost always set it right. The only thing they didn't replace was the low primer buzzer.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I picked up a used 550B at the time their computer system was on the fritz and could get any help on fixing some issues. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it myself and just purchased all the bits and pieces I needed to fix it up. Upon reassembly couldn’t get the priming system to work, the discovered I needed the realignment tool. Once I got everything aligned it’s worked like a champ. As soon as their system started working all he things I’d contacted them about plus some other stuff I’d tried to purchase all just showed up on my doorstep no charge. I was pretty impressed they even include some missing pieces I had intended to purchase. So now I have a press that works great, extra parts in case I ever need them, and the alignment tool for future needs.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Combatvet View Post
    I have to say, the more I deal with Dillon the more I love them. Was having an issue with my XL650 while loading 45ACP. The loaded rounds wouldn't fit in the chamber checker after seating. After talking with my father, the platform on my 650 is slightly out of alignment causing seating issues. I called Dillon today, they are sending me the realignment tool for free. I've only loaded about 600 rounds after they did a refurb on this press, so I am really impressed with their customer service and the No BS guarantee.
    ...and what has really ADDED to my having lots of Dillon (a 550b, 10 full toolheads, scales, military primer tool, etc.) is Post #3, above! Wowsers! Of all the (reloading equipment) manufacturers out there, I wonder if there'd be any other than Dillon which obviously reads posts on this (and perhaps other) similar sites to not only read what customers write -- but to reply! Oh -- yes, I too have rung Dillon with minor challenges -- and have ALWAYS been MORE than pleased with the outcome. They and RCBS both share a spot on my "very TOP shelf" of manufacturers!
    geo

Boolit Bub
    Dillon has also been hyper-responsive for me - after speaking to a tech on the phone about an issue, I had replacement parts in my mailbox 48 hours later. No charge.

Dillon rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    I’ve needed to call them twice. Neither experience was smooth. Got the , “….sorry, your tumbler is not covered”, pitch. It was, but their first approach was to tell me to go away….
    I think I have to concur with your experience.
    I have a 550 from 90's, used very little.
    Have two powder measures I've never been able to use to my satisfaction.
    Decided maybe the upgrade would be worth the time and effort.
    Dialogue---
    "Good morning.
    I am trying to get my 550 press operational after many years of inactivity.
    It was purchased in the 1990's I believe.
    I bought two powder measures with it.
    I understand there is an upgrade kit available for the measures.
    Could you please email me details of availability etc.
    Thank you."
    Maybe not clear enough.
    "Please tell us if you have a former address so that we do not create a duplicate record for you."
    Provided address at time of purchase.
    "We offer a Clean & Lube service for your RL550 press. The cost is $85.00 which includes a thorough clean and lube plus replacement of broken/worn/damaged parts and return shipping. Missing parts are available for purchase. Rust is not covered under our warranty.
    You can ship the Powder Measurers to us as well.
    We are pleased to create an RMA# for you to use to ship your press to us for this service."
    Looks like I will use the old powder measures if I decide they will provide me what I want.
    Having repaired a Mitsubishi wire EDM last spring, don't think the measures will be insurmountable exercise.
    Also as others have found, the Lee drum measures can provide extremely good service.
    YMMV

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    The only “disappointment” I’ve ever had was they wouldn’t send me a new frame for an old SDB. They gave me an RMA instead. I do understand why though… unscrupulous people would build presses like mailing home a Jeep.
    I felt resistance in my SDB operation and went on and ham handed it--cracked the frame
    Dillon said to send it back for a replacement
    was very happy to have to take time effort to send it back as new one is mega-$$$ and mine was cost of postage! and for my mistake, not the machine's

had a electronic scale go bad and was told no dice, then as we were talking the Dillon guy asked when I bought it and we found out it was covered 'back in the day'--new version on its way--again free

my Dillon cust # is 60XX so I've been with them for "a bit"

I really can't see how they stay in business with the NO BS warranty, especially since it seems some are taking advantage of it and selling replacement parts on ebay and the like.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Laich View Post
    I felt resistance in my SDB operation and went on and ham handed it--cracked the frame
    Dillon said to send it back for a replacement
    was very happy to have to take time effort to send it back as new one is mega-$$$ and mine was cost of postage! and for my mistake, not the machine's

had a electronic scale go bad and was told no dice, then as we were talking the Dillon guy asked when I bought it and we found out it was covered 'back in the day'--new version on its way--again free

my Dillon cust # is 60XX so I've been with them for "a bit"

I really can't see how they stay in business with the NO BS warranty, especially since it seems some are taking advantage of it and selling replacement parts on ebay and the like.
    Yes, RMA is "Return Merchandise Authorization." They were happy to make the replacement, they just wouldn’t send one out sight unseen. Completely understandable.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks