Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: S&W SD9VE opinions?

Considering the price/performance this is a great pistol. I bought mine used so cheap I won't post $$$ here. I don't shoot lead through it but it has never missed a beat with plated 115 gr bullet reloads. The trigger was a typical 5-lb pull. There are plenty of videos on YouTube about improving the trigger. I replaced one small spring & carefully polished the sear surfaces & now the trigger is great!
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    Acquired a SW9VE in Afghanistan. Don't know how it got there but it only had one mag. Cut a new notch in plentiful M9 mags and while the bottom looked funny it worked 100%. We 0nly shot about a thousand rounds of M882 124 gr Ball thru it. No issues.

Attachment 317901

They were issued IIRC to some police organizations over that way.
    (Amex: SWB), the legendary 154-year old company in the global business of safety, security, protection and sport, today announced it has secured a $15 million order to supply its SW9VE 9mm pistols to the United States Army Security Assistance Command (USASC) Special Projects Office for shipment to the Afghanistan ...Feb 16, 2006
    Might be a way to get some cheap mags, but have a couple of spares and likely do not need new ones.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The Sigma and Ruger P95 were sent as aid to Afghan forces, as I recall. Interestingly, the guards at my local Club Fed carry P95's.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm still shooting my SD9's and they don't miss a beat. I can shoot them as well as my Glocks and they like the same loads that all my other 9mm pistols like. 3.2 grains of Titegroup under an Arsenal 358-130-RF at 1.070 is a real sweetie, one hole at 15 yards when my shaky hands cooperate. The new SD9 2.0 is really sweet. Better trigger pull and a lower price, believe it or not. I have three SD9 1.0's that I shoot very well so I rather doubt I'll add a 2.0 unless I find a screaming deal on one.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234