Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Yellow Fog

Yellow Fog

It is spring and time for the Yellow Fog around the SE. Pine pollen gets bad every year on a tree farm..... Right now the wind is blowing, if you give it a couple days of calm and then get a gust of wind, it looks like yellow fog coming through the trees.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Have a similar situation in Missouri usually around July only it's from various weeds. Rag weed, pig weed, horse weed, goldenrod. If it's a weed it's probably in rural Missouri. After a dewy night vehicles outside look like they have cornmeal sprinkled on them.

Boolit Master
    I'd not seen pine pollen before a couple years ago. I was at a friends grave side service when all of a sudden the pine tree by us let loose. I thought it was smoke at first. I guess the tree was giving Paul a nice send off.

Boolit Master
    It has been all over my vehicles the last month or so in northwest Florida

Boolit Master
    It is a month away for us. Our alders are already about done.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I live next to a Douglas Fur plantation. I haven’t noticed any fog, but when it’s that time of year, it’s all over the place. It really sticks to the windshield of parked vehicles.

Boolit Master

Just finished cleaning our screen enclosure and pool deck Tuesday. Wednesday there was a film of pollen on the patio table so it’s starting. Way better than pushing snow!
    Just makes keeping the pool chemicals in balance tougher.

On the plus side we get to see the Space X launches as the rocket gains altitude coming down the coast. Last night @ 12:34 am a huge orange fire ball and track, then nothing for a few seconds until the second stage lit off. It traveled SE first then around the time of separation you could tell it had turned east. Pretty cool.
    Last one was around 6 pm a month ago. No flame visible but a major plume of smoke or exhaust with a big cloud of it at separation.
    Last edited by Bmi48219; 03-03-2023 at 03:18 AM.

I thought this thread was going to be about East Palestine.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    It is spring and time for the Yellow Fog around the SE. Pine pollen gets bad every year on a tree farm..... Right now the wind is blowing, if you give it a couple days of calm and then get a gust of wind, it looks like yellow fog coming through the trees.
    In a way I wish we would have that pollen NOW! 10*F outside; still 6" to 12" of snow on frozen ground; and ... a total up to 20 inches of accumulating wet, heavy snow forecast through Sunday! However, a note for you lucky folks with the pollen: Don't do as I have done! To wit, I have a habit of leaving the windows down just a smidgen -- less than 1/4" -- with both doors of my Tacoma Access-cab pickup. I have gotten an almost perfect coat of that yellow stuff over EVERYTHING inside my truck -- and it was more than a real challenge to remove it!!! The "end" solution was using dampened with plain water paper towels... A ROYAL pia. (Now that I'm kind of crippled it would be still "pay $$$ another" task"...) So, anyhoos -- make sure your windows are 101% all the way up?
    geo

Boolit Master

There was a sheep pasture not far from where I once lived. Hundreds of sheep roamed there. On days when the ground gave up its moisture as dew, the fog created was yellow and smelled of sheep ****.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

If you can see it don't worry about it. Those pollen spores are too big to get into your sinuses. It's the little, invisible ones that will get you.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!