Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: M1917 Bayonet

Boolit Man

M1917 Bayonet

I know this is a long shot, but I always seem to find what I need on this forum!!! Looking for a M1917 bayonet. Can be original or repro. Will consider all, perfect to "seen better days"...would like to at least find one that is somewhat in decent enough shape that it can be made to look good/acceptable. It would also be nice if it had the scabbard as well. I have an 1897 trench gun on the way and would sure like to find a bayonet. Thanks in advance for reading this!!!!!! Any help is greatly appreciated. M

Boolit Master
    I might have one, what are the markings on the bayonet to identify it? Mine says 1907 Remington with a 16" blade.

SARCO has replicas with scabbards, new, #BAY364, $69.95.

DG

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I might have one, what are the markings on the bayonet to identify it? Mine says 1907 Remington with a 16" blade.
    Thank you very much for the reply sir!!!! Sounds like you have a 1907 pattern British Enfield, which looks extremely similar to the M1917. In fact, it looks so similar that I am wondering if it will work. I will do some checking and will be interested in the bayonet. I might just buy it anyways if the price is right. How much do you want for it???? Thanks again, M

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    SARCO has replicas with scabbards, new, #BAY364, $69.95.

DG
    Thank you, sir, for the reply!!!! I very much wish that this were true....unfortunately they are $89.95 and completely out of stock. I left my email address for a notification several weeks ago. Thanks again for the reply, it is greatly appreciated!!!! M

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by msinc View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply sir!!!! Sounds like you have a 1907 pattern British Enfield, which looks extremely similar to the M1917. In fact, it looks so similar that I am wondering if it will work. I will do some checking and will be interested in the bayonet. I might just buy it anyways if the price is right. How much do you want for it???? Thanks again, M
    Yes, it is for the British Enfield rifle I have. I would sell the Bayonet looks like they are selling in the $200-$300 range depending on condition. If you want pics send me a PM with your # and I can text you some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by msinc View Post
    Thank you, sir, for the reply!!!! I very much wish that this were true....unfortunately they are $89.95 and completely out of stock. I left my email address for a notification several weeks ago. Thanks again for the reply, it is greatly appreciated!!!! M
    Well, you never know I guess. I got the information from their Winter Parts Ad in Firearms News Feb. 2023 Issue 4, page 75. Should be pretty current. Might give them another try, as "several weeks ago" is several weeks ago! I have an original in my collection, but also have the rifle, so I'm keeping it for now.

DG

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Yes, it is for the British Enfield rifle I have. I would sell the Bayonet looks like they are selling in the $200-$300 range depending on condition. If you want pics send me a PM with your # and I can text you some pics.
    That's a ;ittle more than I want to spend not knowing yet if it will work. Will advise asap. Thanks again, M

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Well, you never know I guess. I got the information from their Winter Parts Ad in Firearms News Feb. 2023 Issue 4, page 75. Should be pretty current. Might give them another try, as "several weeks ago" is several weeks ago! I have an original in my collection, but also have the rifle, so I'm keeping it for now.

DG
    Yes sir, I just called them about an hour ago to confirm and the guy said they might see more in 15 to 45 days or so. I left my email to notify me when they come in. I am hopeful that someone here has one they will sell though, Thanks again sir, M

Boolit Man
    Enfield 1907 bayonet won't fit the P14/M1917/1897 trench guns.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by NikA View Post
    Enfield 1907 bayonet won't fit the P14/M1917/1897 trench guns.
    Thank you, sir for this info!!!! It is greatly appreciated. M

Boolit Mold
    I just ordered one from Sarco this evening, they are evidently back in stock.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Rich View Post
    I just ordered one from Sarco this evening, they are evidently back in stock.
    Thanks for the info sir, it is greatly appreciated....I will check it out and order one!!! M

Boolit Bub
    I have a Vietnam era M1917 bayonet if you're still looking.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by IHuntDragons View Post
    I have a Vietnam era M1917 bayonet if you're still looking.
    Sorry for the delay, I am interested in your bayonet....the magic question is, how much???? Thanks, M