Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 38-55 ; Velocity for ladders

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeoil View Post
    I've only been using GRT for a few months now. My understanding is that the creator (who passed a year ago) was a thermodynamics expert. He wrote the software. He got powder information from various sources, including the powder makers themselves. He assembled quite a team to help him with the program.

I also have found that the GRT predictions are off compared to my chrono readings. I found ways to fudge the GRT input numbers to line up with the chrono numbers to help with future load development for a given caliber.

For me, GRT is a starting point. It also helps me understand what is going on in the chamber. When making reduced loads using pistol powders in rifle cases, it is easy to exceed max pressures. GRT keeps one from doing that. I posted a screen print from GRT in another thread here for someone having trouble with 4227 in a 7mag case. The pressure curve it generated for the load and bullet he was using was like nothing I'd ever seen before. There was no pressure peak. The pressure rose slowly and steadily until the bullet exited the muzzle. It told me that 4227 was not the powder for that application. But it appears the OP either did not know what he was looking at or simply dismissed it as no comment was ever made and the conversation continued on. Could be that because I'm a newbie here that my posts get zero attention from those who have a billion posts under their belt.
    Once I load and fire my ‘increments’ I’ll post up. It may be a bit. Then you’ll have some real world numbers to Mae some correlations. Maybe.

I’m intrigued with what GRT does, so maybe this will help. Thanks again.

Why don't you just download GRT? Pretty simple to use.
    Regards,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeoil View Post
    Why don't you just download GRT? Pretty simple to use.
    I may. Looked it up a bit ago. Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast10 View Post
    Example;
    22.0 gr of powder
    Etc.
    Of course, duh, do that myself, just never heard it called Ladders before. Thank you.

@snakeoil - I shot two increments; 32.0 avg. @ 1695fps and 32.5 avg. @ 1720fps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12