RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Vetterli 1870/87/15

Boolit Buddy

Vetterli 1870/87/15

I keep getting Emails from Royal Imports for their old Italian Vetterli rifles. Has anyone here ever recieved one in shooting condition? There are several on Utube and people are actually shooting them. I really don't want to buy a death wish.......................

Boolit Master
    I bought one at an antique shop a few years ago. It was an actual wall hanger - someone had drilled through the stock and bolted it to the wall. I took it apart, repaired the stock, did what I could to clean it all up, and I did fire it a few times. Not bad. If they're cheap enough, they're an interesting addition to an old rifle collection. I don't know if I'd buy one sight unseen.

Boolit Master
    I bought a pair of those rifles with bayonets for $20 each when I was in college in the late 1960s. I still have them and never fired either. Mine are 6.5MM and are interesting arms.

Adam

Boolit Master
    I just bought a pair of the Royal Tiger ones. Both covered in a layer of dirt/gunk. First one cleaned up real nice and bore looks brand new. 2nd bore is rusted but cleaned up decent enough. Stock has a crack in the toe like someone dropped it on the butt. Barrel has some rust and pitting under the wood. Both seem safe to shoot tho. Luck of the draw I guess