Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: ideal 310 tool

Boolit Master

ideal 310 tool

whats one of these worth these days

Boolit Master

Just the handle - Or handle and dies? Depends on what cartridge the dies are for if that's also included in your question, as to rarity and commonality. Also depends on style of handle - As to made of alloy or steel. If steel, are they cartridge marked or universal ( requiring an adapter ring per specific cartridge )? Prices are all over the map on ebay. Rarer sets bring more than i am willing to pay - but some one who really wants something specific will pay whatever it takes. Especially these days. Best way to get a more specific answer is to be more specific as to exactly what you have
    Last edited by square butte; 02-26-2023 at 12:49 PM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master
    Cadillac… what’s it worth?

We definitely need more information. Dies or no dies? Material of handles, aluminum, steel, nickel plated? Box or no box? If yes, type and color of box?
    Green Frog
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    I'll give you $5 even if it's broke as long as the hook and spring in the handle are good. More than that would require good pictures and you reading us some numbers from the dies.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master
    it has a priming die with a 2 stamped on it screwed into the tool

Boolit Master

The priming die would be for cartridges based on the 30-06/308 family of cases. If that's all you have for dies, you are missing three or four dies for the set - depending upon the age of the set. You still have not told us whether the handles are made of steel or aluminum alloy painted black. If steel - are they caliber marked? The one priming die (#2 ) you have is one of the most common. On a good day you might get $15-$20 for the die on ebay

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    The priming die would be for cartridges based on the 30-06/308 family of cases. If that's all you have for dies, you are missing three or four dies for the set - depending upon the age of the set. You still have not told us whether the handles are made of steel or aluminum alloy painted black. If steel - are they caliber marked? The one priming die (#2 ) you have is one of the most common. On a good day you might get $15-$20 for the die on ebay
    Ill just keep the handle and one die if thats all its worth. Thanks

Last edited by barnabus; 02-27-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Boolit Master

You have two items that each have value ( the handle - and the die ) - The Handle may have much more value than the die - Depending on STEEL or ALUMINUM ALLOY - The die alone is not worth too much. Take the time to identify what handles you have - Then you will have a better idea of the value of each of your two items
    Last edited by square butte; 02-27-2023 at 10:15 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    barnabus, you've been around on this forum to appreciate how much pictures help. Your picture tells me you have a pretty average aluminum handle/tong set with the #2 priming die you identified for yourself. Since Lyman has discontinued all support of the 310 series and The 310 Shop seems to have closed down, the picture has gotten very confused. On eBay one sees prices all over the place for even these, the most common and least valuable handles, and the vultures are breaking up die sets and asking for anywhere from $15-30 or more for each die... but not having much success! At gun shows, the situation isn't quite so strange, but nearly so. The 30-06 dies are some of the most commonly available 310 dies, but not much demand for them, so if you want to complete your "set" in that caliber you can probably get the Universal Decapping Die and Muzzle Resizing Die (or the single Combination Muzzle Resizer) along with an Expanding Die and a Seating and Crimping Die (called a DA Die) and be good to go. In fact, the other common rifle calibers that use cases with the same 30-06/308 base are still pretty easy to find with a little effort.
    If you want to complete the set, you can contact me by PM and I can probably find the dies you need for around $20 or so for all. If, on the other hand, you decide to give up on the plan and sell them for what you can get at a gunshow or on Swapping and Selling on this Forum, a realistic expectation would be about $20 or so for the handles and $5-10 for the priming die.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    barnabus, you've been around on this forum to appreciate how much pictures help. Your picture tells me you have a pretty average aluminum handle/tong set with the #2 priming die you identified for yourself. Since Lyman has discontinued all support of the 310 series and The 310 Shop seems to have closed down, the picture has gotten very confused. On eBay one sees prices all over the place for even these, the most common and least valuable handles, and the vultures are breaking up die sets and asking for anywhere from $15-30 or more for each die... but not having much success! At gun shows, the situation isn't quite so strange, but nearly so. The 30-06 dies are some of the most commonly available 310 dies, but not much demand for them, so if you want to complete your "set" in that caliber you can probably get the Universal Decapping Die and Muzzle Resizing Die (or the single Combination Muzzle Resizer) along with an Expanding Die and a Seating and Crimping Die (called a DA Die) and be good to go. In fact, the other common rifle calibers that use cases with the same 30-06/308 base are still pretty easy to find with a little effort.
    If you want to complete the set, you can contact me by PM and I can probably find the dies you need for around $20 or so for all. If, on the other hand, you decide to give up on the plan and sell them for what you can get at a gunshow or on Swapping and Selling on this Forum, a realistic expectation would be about $20 or so for the handles and $5-10 for the priming die.

Froggie
    Ill never use them so no need to buy anything to go with them. Ill just throw them in with the other junk i have that i dont use anymore. $20 aint worth the hassle.I dont need the money lol

Boolit Master

You may not need the money, but someone else WILL think they need those items. Not, me, because I already have them.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Bub
    Green Frog always deals fair and square! Ive done business with him and I feel confident you can trust him also. I'm a 310 nut also , and if you can find the dies for your particular caliber: JUMP ON IT!