Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: knight disc .50 cal rifle bought, no primer holders around.

knight disc .50 cal rifle bought, no primer holders around.

a like new bolt action knight disc .50 cal rifle that used a orange 209 primer holder was offered at a give away price of 75.00, after looking it over i ordered a pack of red full plastic jackets from knight and i took a carpet cutter and cut the small tube from the top of the jacket, leaving a full diamiter cylinder. i primed 6 with win 209 primers and loaded the rifle with 80 grs fff and a .452 250 gr bullet in a black sabot, all six fired with no problems(small amount of blow by). now i can fire the rifle untill the orange primer holders become available from knight again(they say they are going to make them again) the red primer modified holders seal the breech ok.

Boolit Grand Master

They make two conversion kits for those. One for bare 209s, and one to use percussion caps. I would consider one of those kits, rather than wasting time and money on plastic holders.

^^^ Yup ^^^ What Megasuper said....
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Grand Master
    Agree. One less component required is a good thing in an era of shortages and supply problems. I like that you found a way around the problem, however.

the conversions are not cheap and i will not use this rifle that much as i have a savage 10ml-11 that uses bare 209 primers. i bought 100 full plastic jackets and think i can get as least 3 firing from each. i just wanted to get it running to see how it shoots and maybe let other who have knight rifles know they can get their rifles shooting again with out the orange primmer holders.