Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found a screaming deal on Small Pistol Primers!!!

I found a screaming deal on Small Pistol Primers!!!

Just came across these...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-primers.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	310891

Now we just need to find a working time-travel machine to go back in time and grab a few bricks!
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Reminds me when my dad used to tell me everything was a nickel when he was growing up in 1920-1930s. When he enlisted in 1936, he made $39/wk in US Navy.
    "Wherever was found what was called a paternal government was found a state education. It'd been discovered that the best way to insure implicit obedience was to commence tyranny in the nursery." -Benjamin Disraeli

Boolit Master

I scored a couple of bricks from Midshouth Shooters this week I still have a few bricks of every thing else,just need small pistol so I don't have to start over on load development.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 02-25-2023 at 11:12 AM. Reason: small keybroad large fingers
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    I remember my parents telling me, when they were younger they could go to see a movie, it cost 5 cents each to get in.

Boolit Master
    I have some old CCI bricks of primers with $8.99 tag on them. I’ve recently been using them in 357 mag loads, haven’t had a dud so far.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Grand Master

I'm old enough to remember buying them for that price. I also remember buying IMR 3031 for $3.50 a can!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

As a teenager, a life long friend and myself was complaining about gas jumping in a short time from
    25-29 cents a gallon to 35 cents.

His Dad laughed and said as a kid, he remembered buying it for 12 or 13 cents a gallon.
    The only problem was----- nobody had 13 cents.

Years ago there was a documentary about Col. Sanders--- the KFC guy.
    As a kid, they said he got fired from a job chopping wood for $2. a month, ,,, because he worked too slow.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Roy Clark used to tell a story about a time in his life that if they were selling steamboats for a dime apiece all he could do was run up and down the bank and yell "ain't that cheap"!

Quote Originally Posted by 38SuperAuto View Post
    Reminds me when my dad used to tell me everything was a nickel when he was growing up in 1920-1930s. When he enlisted in 1936, he made $39/wk in US Navy.
    Think of all that gold he could have bought with that $39 every week.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Think of all that gold he could have bought with that $39 every week.
    A favorite uncle of mine was a young man living in the Texas Hill Country during the Great depression.
    He was a farmer, but for extra money, he'd sheer sheep in the late Spring.
    He said he worked from day light till dark, and earned $1.00 a day.
    He said he often thought to himself, "Another day, another dollar. Hmm.. In a million days,, I'll be rich, and won't have to work anymore".

EVERYONE!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    Private ownership of gold was illegal from 1933 till 1974. Possession of gold got you a ten year prison sentence regardless of the amount. Just a bit of trivia.
    And yet we have lot of old gold coins that never got melted - just like gun laws, a LOT of folks pay no heed to unjust laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    Private ownership of gold was illegal from 1933 till 1974. Possession of gold got you a ten year prison sentence regardless of the amount. Just a bit of trivia.
    And I believe the government ordered all holders of bullion gold, jewelry manufacturers, dental supply houses and manufacturers that used gold to surrender it to the government.

For $20/ounce in paper money.

Then sold it back to them for $35 so they could stay in business.

Just a little inflation.

As Joe said recently, inflation doesn't effect anybody.

Boolit Master
    My Dad was born Jan.16 1920, the day before Prohibition came into effect. A boy was paid 10 cents a day and a man 50 cents a day for farm work. His father had died, having learned to run a still from his father he was running a still for a neighbor making malt corn liquor. He was 14 years old and was making 15 cents a day, most went to his mother for food and he kept 15 cents a week for a box of 22 shorts.

Another fellow wanted to hire him to run his still for the same price plus all he wanted to drink. Dad didn't drink so the guy said he could have a pint. He could sell the pint for 50 cents, said it was the biggest raise he ever got.

Boolit Master
    beemer,, I see you are from WNC. I can easily relate to your story. I know folks raised like that.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    As a teenager, a life long friend and myself was complaining about gas jumping in a short time from
    25-29 cents a gallon to 35 cents.

His Dad laughed and said as a kid, he remembered buying it for 12 or 13 cents a gallon.
    The only problem was----- nobody had 13 cents.

Years ago there was a documentary about Col. Sanders--- the KFC guy.
    As a kid, they said he got fired from a job chopping wood for $2. a month, ,,, because he worked too slow.
    I can remember gas at 17 cents a gallon with green stamps and a piece of kitchen ware with a fill-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Jack View Post
    I can remember gas at 17 cents a gallon with green stamps and a piece of kitchen ware with a fill-up.
    I remember getting a 'fill up' --- at the Service Station, and you got a Coca-Cola glass
    like they used to have at the 'soda fountain' or Lunch counter at the local drug store (where you got your root beer floats).

When I was 12, and went to the bank to open a checking account in 1967, the lady there apologized
    because they had just stopped giving away a new toaster when you opened an account.

EVERYONE!

Boolit Master

It was sort of a family tradition that at age 7 mom or dad would take you to the neighborhood bank and start a joint passbook savings account for you with the money you had received from relatives for your First Communion. I think I netted $5.15. Any withdrawal had to be signed by both you and a parent. I wish I still had that passbook. There were a lot of weeks I’d proudly approach the teller window with my completed deposit slip. Teller would stamp the date, write the deposit amount in, total the account and initial the line. My book listed pages of 25 cent deposits.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    I have some old CCI bricks of primers with $8.99 tag on them. I’ve recently been using them in 357 mag loads, haven’t had a dud so far.
    I have a bunch (50+ bricks) of large and small CCI primers from the mid 1970s, they all go bang without fail. They’ve been stored indoors, no idea if that matters.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    It was sort of a family tradition that at age 7 mom or dad would take you to the neighborhood bank and start a joint passbook savings account for you with the money you had received from relatives for your First Communion. I think I netted $5.15. Any withdrawal had to be signed by both you and a parent. I wish I still had that passbook. There were a lot of weeks I’d proudly approach the teller window with my completed deposit slip. Teller would stamp the date, write the deposit amount in, total the account and initial the line. My book listed pages of 25 cent deposits.
    Banks used to give out little locking coin banks. It had slots for each coin size and when you took it to the bank the teller would open it up with the key and deposit the contents in you acct. of course she’d write it in your passbook.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Imagine what we will be saying about today’s prices in twenty years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast