Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Possible Amazon/Midway USA glitch

Possible Amazon/Midway USA glitch

The other day I was ordering on Amazon and one of the items was a sizing die that was being sold by MidwayUSA. I selected the size I wanted and added it to my cart. I bought a few other things from other vendors and when I went to check out, I noticed that instead of the sizing die, there was a set of loading dies in my cart. What caught my attention was the total price for the order and it made me go back and look at the items in my cart.

I deleted the loading dies and selected the sizing die and all was well.

Just thought I'd mention this. It is easy to miss such an error because you would not expect this to happen. Check your cart before you complete your order.
    Regards,
    Rob

Another thing to watch on Amazon is although some things you can get for free shipping they seem to default to a shipping option with a cost.

Boolit Buddy

Good to know about item changed in cart. I don't always look after moving item to cart. Having Prime is handy for most items.

If you order much from Amazon, be totally aware of who is actually selling and shipping what you order. If you buy something 'fulfilled by Amazon' then you should get the item first free shipping if it qualifies (over certain $ amount or you are prime member) otherwise if sold and provided by one of the folks who just sell through Amazon, it may take months to get your items.....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Sometimes when you “select” an item when they have a list or s select option box it will jump to somewhere else or to a different option. I’ve caught that a few times. Sadly they often don’t know their products and it’s all the same to them. Midway may have caught the difference Amazon definitely not

Boolit Master
    Three weeks ago I did the same thing with a mold. I put a six banger in my cart and went to check out and good thing i checked it was a two-cavity mold. Had a buddy try to buy the same mold and it did it to him also. This was on amazon.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    I buy a lot on Amazon as I live in a rural area. 25 miles to nearest town of 4000.

I have had no issues with Amazon. Many people have a burr up their butt about Amazon but I am not one of them. They have never let me down.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I buy a lot on Amazon as I live in a rural area. 25 miles to nearest town of 4000.

I have had no issues with Amazon. Many people have a burr up their butt about Amazon but I am not one of them. They have never let me down.
    That might have something to do with Jeff Bozo's politics.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    That might have something to do with Jeff Bozo's politics.
    It appears some Democrats are a lot smarter and better business people than conservatives. If there was an alternative to Amazon and eBay, I would use it...but there isn’t.

I suppose a “real” American would not shop at Walmart either but many do.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

My issue with amazon is that they will not accept paypal and ebay does. My issue with ebay is many of the vendors are shady and I have been forced to complain to get it made right. Some of the mistakes are not honest and the vendors will on top of it send me one clever negotiation tactic after another until they eventually refund my money. I guess they figure that most will not continue to answer them back. They are also very afraid I will give them negative response to ebay.
    The last one on a 9 dollar purchase for two air chucks with tubing where I only got one, was to ask if i would take $4 and then it was $6 refund when I only wanted the missing item. Finally the just refunded the entire amount.

Same here Don...I'm 30 miles from a small town in the mountains and Amazon has been a blessing, saved lots of time and gas money. Prime has been my way to use them but I pay attention to the small vendors, especially the ones off shore.
    I ordered several sets of those bearings I modified my Caldwell Rock with and they only sent 1/2 the order...made the usual complaints twice now and haven't heard from the vendor yet, doubt I will!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I'm sure the list of screwed up internet purchases is endless. PayPal seems to protect the buyer, which is a good thing. My credit card is the same. I signed up for a Def Driver course to get the discount and the website for the on-line course was tortuous and I eventually gave up. I was never able to get into the course. The provider was a well known organization and was one of the recommended sites on the NYDMV website. I tried to contact them in various ways and did not get a reply until two weeks later. By then, I had disputed the charge with my credit card and they took care of it.
    Regards,
    Rob

Boolit Buddy
    It appears some Democrats are a lot smarter and better business people than conservatives. If there was an alternative to Amazon and eBay, I would use it...but there isn’t.

I suppose a “real” American would not shop at Walmart either but many do.
    Boom...Don drops a truth bomb!

Yeah, if I refused to do business with anyone that had a different political lean than me, I'd be nekked, living in a cave, and eating bugs for dinner.

Amazon has been good to me. I've been buying a significant amount of things from them since the early 2000's and I can count on one hand the number of times something has gone wrong. It's a way less than 1% issue rate. I mean, stuff does go wrong sometimes, but still it's very reliable. And I will continue to use them.

And I know OP wasn't really knocking Amazon...Just giving us a reminder to check our orders before pressing the buy button. And that's always good advice no matter where you shop...