Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersPBcastcoRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Wanted: 9.5x57 Mannlicher load data

Boolit Bub

Wanted: 9.5x57 Mannlicher load data

Hello Gentlemen
    I will be taking possession of a M1910 Mannlicher in 9.5x57 early next week. I've been trying to find load data for this cartridge with a 250 gr bullet. The Load Data site lists only a few loads using IMR-3031 and IMR-4895. I have these powders but I thought that I would ask if anybody has any more load data available?
    Thanks for your help

Boolit Master
    fjrdoc: I have compiled a list of 9.5x57 loads from the internet for both cast and jacketed bullets and made this into a pdf. Sometime in the future I'll be improving this list by verifying loads for this cartridge using Gordon's Reloading Tool. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the pdf. It should have enough information to get you started.

Boolit Man
    my old box of Kynoch 9.5x57 has cordite in them.

Boolit Bub
    Yes. Original loads would be with Cordite. My understanding is that IMR 3031 can be substituted in equal grains.

Boolit Buddy
    fjrdoc , I saw your post and I've got a 9.5x57 MS rifle . For use as a hunting rifle , I settled on Speer 235gr.375 Semi spitzer . I believe index # is #2740 ? I've shot many powders and settled on 50.0 gr. IMR 4064 at 2200fps. Not hot in my gun and shoots to the sights , at 100yds. big help. 48.5gr IMR 3031 gave me 2300 fps but shoot +6" high at 100yds. We did take two bear with that gun and 235gr. load at close range. Bullets passed through but clean quick kills .

Quote Originally Posted by fjrdoc View Post
    Yes. Original loads would be with Cordite. My understanding is that IMR 3031 can be substituted in equal grains.
    Kinda late to the party but I never heard of a straight swap of 3031 for Cordite. I have used RL-15. Do a search for "Ross Seyfried and Reloder 15 to Cordite". You'll find reference to the conversion factor to use. It does work, I used it in a number of British sporting cartridges. Including getting a number of British double rifles to regulate and shoot to point of aim.