Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 358429 in 357 magnum

Boolit Buddy
    I have loaded cast in .357 since the mid 80's, Shot a lot of various 150-165 gr bullets over loads like 5.5-6.0 of unique. I got a 4 cavity 358429 about 5 years ago. I noticed it did not shoot well
    at these load levels. I bumped it up finally finding a good load at 14.0 2400, it shoots this better than I can. All my loading has been, contenders, L frame smiths and a 649 jframe. ( this load is no fun in the j frame).
    All this is crimping in the crimp groove as everything I have had and loaded for accepted this OAL.
    Load it to 357 Mag levels with a slow burner, 2400, H110, 296 and it will come alive.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of the older Taurus Model 19 clones with a 6" barrel. I use 2400 and the 358429 cast from linotype in it. No need for magnum primers and it is my go too load when I take it as a backup when hunting hogs. But, my normal back up when hog hunting is either a 5" 629 or Taurus 4" 5 shoot 44 special with "Skeeter loads".
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12