RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Wish it were mine. Shooting a FULL AUTO STG MP44

Boolit Master

Wish it were mine. Shooting a FULL AUTO STG MP44

Shooting a FULL AUTO STG!! (MP44 Sturmgewehr)
    This beautiful MP44 is being donated to the NAVY Seal Museum in Florida and it was a BLAST to shoot!

Ralph has a huge collection of guns dating back to the civil war and a museum of vintage items in his home that he is willing to give us a tour in!

Boolit Master
    wow !!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    That's cool.

The museum at West Point used to have demonstration shoots. Everything from matchlocks to modern stuff. Don't know if they still do them or not. It's been a while since I've been there.

Boolit Master
    Looks like PSA along with the original developers of Civilian NFA semiauto compliant version will be bringing this to market modifed to use AR compatible mags and ability to change out the front of the gun and bolt to fire multiple calibers.

I can see future questions on how to cast 8x33 mm kurz bullets and do loading for this gun.

Boolit Grand Master

They had fun but I would have liked to see at least one 10 shot group on paper at 100 yards. The one I shot some year back would group about 3" at 100 yards with reloads using a Hornady 125 gr 8mm SP and about 5 - 6" with some German milsurp.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy

I have owned several transferable STG-44's and MP-44's. A couple were deactivated with welded barrels. My FFL allowed me to reactivate the old war dogs. Ammo was not available 30~40 years ago. Had to push 300 Savage lubed brass into the sizing die and trim the case to 33mm. Hornady offered an 8mm spire soft point bullet 125 grs. Worked great with 22grs of Winchester 680 ball powder. The gun was a highly sophisticated sheet metal stamping with a machined steel mono block that utilized a tilting bolt lock system. The guns bring a lot of $$$$ today!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    They had fun but I would have liked to see at least one 10 shot group on paper at 100 yards. The one I shot some year back would group about 3" at 100 yards with reloads using a Hornady 125 gr 8mm SP and about 5 - 6" with some German milsurp.
    Yes, I admit a 10 shot group with most any rifle is of interest.
    3 MOA is more than sufficient for what such a rifle was intended to do. 5-6 MOA is also good. This was machine gun intended to be used against russian mass attacks.
    5-6 inches with combloc ammo is what some AKs will do. With good ammo, maybe 3MOA

Boolit Bub
    I have had one for several years and enjoy taking it out from time to time. I have a jury-rigged brass catcher that really makes a difference as these guns really toss the cases! Regards, JH

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by haak48 View Post
    I have had one for several years and enjoy taking it out from time to time. I have a jury-rigged brass catcher that really makes a difference as these guns really toss the cases! Regards, JH
    Got to get up there and do some pressure testing we discussed last visit this spring hopefully. Maybe shoot the STG too?? Between BIL and two old friends passing along with coming down with RSV(?) has really put me behind the power curve. All this cold weather coming down from the north isn't helping either.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Got to get up there and do some pressure testing we discussed last visit this spring hopefully. Maybe shoot the STG too?? Between BIL and two old friends passing along with coming down with RSV(?) has really put me behind the power curve. All this cold weather coming down from the north isn't helping either.
    Looking forward to it Larry. Great excuse to drag out the MP-44! I have some 260 Grain CBs for you to shoot in the CSRG as well, might want to bring a shooting jacket with a good pad...just sayin. Regards JH

Boolit Master
    The man of Brazilian descent looked like an American shooting a German gun.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?