Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Ruger M77 Hawkeye integral mounts too wide for Leu 2-7 x33?

Ruger M77 Hawkeye integral mounts too wide for Leu 2-7 x33?

Guys, just got my new Ruger m77 Hawkeye in .338 WM. I like the integral mount and ring but they are a bit too wide to work with my Leu 2-7 x 33 (max. tube fit is 4.81" end-to-end. It looks like the rings are about 4.9"+ or so). I could also just some play, use with the scope set a tad back.

Best advice for how to do this? I've never had to use extensions, so don't know the best way to go. Don't like too high a mount.

Edit: I should add, even with just a light mock up (no tightness, still moved pretty freely) of the scope in the rings, they sure seemed to scratch up the scope finish pretty well. Is that normal? Any way to touch up a scope's finish?

Edit: You guys know this better than me. I should also add, perhaps this is just the wrong scope given the mount is integral, and I don't want the scope to be mounted too high? Need a scope with a longer tube/mounting space?
    Last edited by huntinlever; 02-18-2023 at 02:54 PM.
    -Paul

Boolit Master
    I've had to use the Ruger extension rings to get proper scope eye relief in my Ruger #3 with a Leupold 1.5X5 scope. Think they only come in medium height, but check Ruger's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich/WIS View Post
    I've had to use the Ruger extension rings to get proper scope eye relief in my Ruger #3 with a Leupold 1.5X5 scope. Think they only come in medium height, but check Ruger's website.
    Thanks. Confirmed they are medium. Shipped from Midway today.
    -Paul

Boolit Grand Master

As Rich/WIS said, you can buy offset rings for Rugers that would then allow you to mix and match the size a little bit. Alternatively there are scope rails you can buy for these rifles such as from Weigand.