Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .30-06 With a Lee Loader? Info on milder loadings

I jumped at the chance to get one of these in 30-06. I had one in 22-250 decades ago.
    They will let your rifle be what it can be accuracy wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Texas, I have one of those in 30-06 that I have been using since sometime in the 60's. I have always preferred military brass in most of my 06's and the necks seemed to always vary in thickness. So I bought one of those loaders and I inside neck ream all my military 06 brass with it but it is getting a little dull after several thousand rounds and I wish I knew someone who could properly sharpen the cutter for me. That tool loads really accurate ammo. james

Just do what Larry Gibson said. it saved me having to write all of that up. I ALWAYS recommend someone new to Reloading start with a Lee Classic Loader. It will teach you the reloading process in the most simple and efficient way there is, and the ammo you make will be as good or better than any other method there is.

Wilson makes "Hand Reloading Dies" that are mostly used by Bench Rest Shooters. These are really nicely made versions of the original Hand Reloading Dies that were made as the original way to reload Brass Cases. lee Loaders are simply Mass Produced versions of those dies adn they cost of fraction of what the Wilson dies cost.

Richard Lee simply figured out a way to make those dies in an economical way and run them with a Plastic Mallet so that everyone could do it. Original Hand Dies were made to be used with an Arbor Press or more properly a Drill Press used as an Arbor Press, Lee just decided that more people had a Plastic Mallet than an Arbor Press. I already had the Plastic Mallet from my Motorcycle Mechanicing days, so I used that too.

I got my first Lee Loader in 1970. $9.95! It was for my Sako .243. Still have it and all the cases and bullets and even the can of IMR 4350 Powder. Sold the gun. I bought the little Priming Tool the next week after my Lee Loader along with a little Powder Scale. I loaded all my ammo with Lee Loaders up until 1976 when I got my first Rock Chucker so I could reload my .44's faster. By that time I was also casting my own boolits with a Lee Mold and a little Iron Pot I used on my Kitchen Stove. Still have all this stuff. Loaned my .44 Lee Loader to a friend and it never came back, so don't loan your stuff out!!!

Here's the deal,,,, Lee Loaders go for around $35-40. You can be fully equipped for <$100! You can't go wrong because if you decide you don't want to Reload Ammo any more, you can always get your money back out by selling it here.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-26-2023 at 08:04 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Just do what Larry Gibson said. it saved me having to write all of that up. I ALWAYS recommend someone new to Reloading start with a Lee Classic Loader. It will teach you the reloading process in the most simple and efficient way there is, and the ammo you make will be as good or better than any other method there is.

Wilson makes "Hand Reloading Dies" that are mostly used by Bench Rest Shooters. These are really nicely made versions of the original Hand Reloading Dies that were made as the original way to reload Brass Cases. lee Loaders are simply Mass Produced versions of those dies adn they cost of fraction of what the Wilson dies cost.

Richard Lee simply figured out a way to make those dies in an economical way and run them with a Plastic Mallet so that everyone could do it. Original Hand Dies were made to be used with an Arbor Press or more properly a Drill Press used as an Arbor Press, Lee just decided that more people had a Plastic Mallet than an Arbor Press. I already had the Plastic Mallet from my Motorcycle Mechanicing days, so I used that too.

I got my first Lee Loader in 1970. $9.95! It was for my Sako .243. Still have it and all the cases and bullets and even the can of IMR 4350 Powder. Sold the gun. I bought the little Priming Tool the next week after my Lee Loader along with a little Powder Scale. I loaded all my ammo with Lee Loaders up until 1976 when I got my first Rock Chucker so I could reload my .44's faster. By that time I was also casting my own boolits with a Lee Mold and a little Iron Pot I used on my Kitchen Stove. Still have all this stuff. Loaned my .44 Lee Loader to a friend and it never came back, so don't loan your stuff out!!!

Here's the deal,,,, Lee Loaders go for around $35-40. You can be fully equipped for <$100! You can't go wrong because if you decide you don't want to Reload Ammo any more, you can always get your money back out by selling it here.

Randy
    Would not a C clamp's screw mechanism function to force a case in the LL sizer?

Quote Originally Posted by lightload View Post
    Would not a C clamp's screw mechanism function to force a case in the LL sizer?
    ...stubborn cases as .44mag., when full resized, would require a piece of wood between c-clamp arm and case face.
    Yes, it would.
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Grand Master

Lubing the cases is a must with straight walled cases I even lubed the necks on bottle necked cases. The lube made the sizing easy.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Lubing the cases is a must with straight walled cases I even lubed the necks on bottle necked cases. The lube made the sizing easy.
    I do the same when I load them all , for the same reason. No matter if the die they say you do not need to. It what I been doing for years and works for me.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

well, if it can be hard for me fully resize Imperial Wax lubed .44mag. ,
    I can't even imagine what this can become if dry/unlubed in a L.L.
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123