Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Beeman Sportsman RS1

Boolit Buddy

Beeman Sportsman RS1

Anyone ever used a Beeman Sportsman RS1 air rifle??? My daughter-in-law has one that I'm going to try this summer.
    Walmart has a Ruger Impact Elite Gas Piston in .22 cal. that I'm thinking about getting. Just not sure yet. Any opinions on this rifle????
    Thank
    JAMES
    JAMESGR

Boolit Master
    I have a number of air rifles, none of these, air guns are cheap practice though, once you get past getting the rifle.
    Depends on what you plan to use them for ? Some are very accurate. Some you need to match pellets to what the gun likes ? At less than $10.00 a box of 500, now days you can afford to shoot some ?

Boolit Master
    I have a Beeman Sportsman RS2. I asume it's the RS1 with two barrels, a 177 and a 22. It is not as accurate as I had hoped. I have tried a bunch of different pellets with both barrels and both shoot about 1"at 20yds with the best pellets I tried in them.
    No experience with the Ruger.

The Ruger impact 22 has good power. I was shooting at at a small three inch hanging piece of ar500 steel at about 30 yards and it flipped it pretty well and made the crosman hollow points turn inside out.

There is a serious design flaw. The air rifle requires good strength to crack the barrel and then to cock it. There is a plastic tube in the end of the barrel. The front sight is mounted on top of the tube, and it has baffles inside the tube.

The instructions book specifically says not to grab the plastic piece to cock the gun because it may break because the forces involved.

If you can imagine this significantly increased the force required because you have less leverage involved.

I have not benched the gun besides the very first time I shot it to zero the iron sights. I think it is still settling down. It groups about a quarter size at thirty yards when I'm walking around shooting at pine cones and rocks and hornets and caterpillars.

It will put dents into cheap stainless steel cook ware at sixty yard with crosman 14 grain hollow points.

I have no experience with the gun you ask about. If you have experience with spring piston type guns then you know
    what to expect from them as far as how the operate and how they need be handled to get best performance.
    If you don't have experience with this type gun, these would be a fine start in learning what they're like and if you'll
    like them. A lot will depend on how you will use the gun.
    I do like them for for my purposes which is back yard pest control at 30 yards or less. Extended shooting sessions with these
    more powerful springers will get tiring. For me, they're not a "fun" gun but a workhorse.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the replies.
    James