Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Small Cameras to cover barns

Boolit Master

Very Small Cameras to cover barns

I need some small cameras to put around the out buildings. I keep having gas taken and also the cameras covering the buildings with the gas. I need some small cameras easy to hide as the ones I use are to big. I can't set traps as the state has laws against the use of traps for humans. Insurance would not like the gas can turning into a fire ball and burning down the barn.

Put the cameras inside something that looks like it belongs there, like a birdhouse or plastic oil bottle. Also helps if you place cameras to watch the cameras.

Boolit Buddy
    Also put up- broken or dummy cameras so those nefarious varmints won't know what is real or not. Old dead game cameras are perfect. And wire a small 9V battery to a red LED to make it look active.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    if you have a cell phone and wifi, the Reolink cameras for about $70 will make your phone ring or make some other noise to alert you and display in real time every time something walks in front of it. while at the same time recording to a tiny memory card and is maintain ace free having a small solar panel to keep it charged. and unlike other brands you dont have to pay any monthly or yearly fees to sign up to a service to activate, set it up and use cloud memory. other than that there are all sorts of camouflaged game cameras. I saw some on a neighbors property that blended into the tree �� bark that they are nearly impossible to spot unless you are very close to it these ones are probably very expensive and they have antennas so they probably work with cell signal as well as recording to a chip which makes sense because those folks spent millions building on their property.
    ii like the idea of putting up lots of cameras for people to see, some can be dummy and some can be active.
    ii got the Reolink thinking that it would be perfect because it records to a chip but the auto messaging and viewing on phone turned out to work extremely well for less than the cost of a decent trail/game camera

Boolit Master

I hate to say it but with people getting used to wearing masks criminals put them on and could care less about cameras .
    I hard wired a alarm to my car because of gas theft once I caught the kid kept his gas can. He believed I was crazy so he spread the word around town and I had less trouble for the next few years .
    I do not know what is expensive to you some systems and 4 or more cameras do not cost a lot . I have a night owl system with 8 cameras it records for 25-35 days then starts writing over old video . It is 7 years old now everything is hard wired I did it myself.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

"He believed I was crazy so he spread the word around town and I had less trouble for the next few years."

The "crazy factor" cannot be understated. Kids know that the cops hands are tied. If they have already been in trouble with the police, they probably have zero fear. But if you make them believe that you'll put them in your wood chipper, chances are, they will never bother you again. My buddy Dave had a similar conversation with some kids that were doing just silly destructive things like destroying mailboxes. Dave saw them out one day after they'd hit his box. He's a big feller and never smiles. He told them that they were personally responsible for the wellbeing of his mailboxes from now on. Doesn't matter if a car hits it or a tornado tears it out of the ground. He's coming for them, regardless. Told them he never calls the cops. His way works better and he never has to do it twice. Said he watched the color leave the kids' faces. He just walked away. Pretty much all the problems in the area came to a halt.
    Regards,
    Rob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeoil View Post
    "He believed I was crazy so he spread the word around town and I had less trouble for the next few years."

The "crazy factor" cannot be understated. Kids know that the cops hands are tied. If they have already been in trouble with the police, they probably have zero fear. But if you make them believe that you'll put them in your wood chipper, chances are, they will never bother you again. My buddy Dave had a similar conversation with some kids that were doing just silly destructive things like destroying mailboxes. Dave saw them out one day after they'd hit his box. He's a big feller and never smiles. He told them that they were personally responsible for the wellbeing of his mailboxes from now on. Doesn't matter if a car hits it or a tornado tears it out of the ground. He's coming for them, regardless. Told them he never calls the cops. His way works better and he never has to do it twice. Said he watched the color leave the kids' faces. He just walked away. Pretty much all the problems in the area came to a halt.
    When my sons were in middle and high school, they told their friends not to come around our house after dark, because dad didn't have the best eyesight in the world and generally shot first then asked questions later. Unfortunately, we now have a new middle school directly across from our house and my kids are long gone from home - I'm concerned about the new crop wandering in when they should be elsewhere.

Boolit Master
    I put a trail camera 12' up a tree beside the shed. Caught 2 different vehicles come and go. Gave the local police the tag numbers. Police said one was a known thief and got put in jail by the county sheriff and recovered items from his stash house. The other I saw drive by while I was eating breakfast outside at the local grill during the covid thing. Chased him to the next county. His excuse was he was looking for the fella that leases the pasture who wasn't there when he visited. It shouldn't have taken 10 minutes to find he wasn't around. He's never returned. It's also helped me pattern varmints who come to visit.

Boolit Grand Master

Cell game camera's. I caught a guy on my lease who had walked by a couple of No Trespassing signs from 800miles away. Saw him and the next time I was up that way I saw him again near there and told him I had him on camera. Next time he stepped foot near my place I'd press trespassing charges and have him banned from the entire property. He blustered a bit but 1 yr later he hasn't come back
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I use Spy-point flex cameras, Sends the pictures to the phone with-in minutes also has GPS features that's accurate within 30 feet.

Not associated with them at all but there you have it.

Boolit Master

What thieves in the night want the least are lights, cameras, and noise. There are quite a few DIY noisemaker boobytraps on the Net. Some cost a penny or two (tripwire & machined metal firing a primer). Others are free (tripwire mouse trap firing a primer or firecracker). The report of a boobytrap in the dead of night is probably both startling and loud. Coupled with motion detection, lights ON, and concealed trail cameras with "black flash" IR (no white or red light), a few strategically placed tripwire noisemakers could be a part of your "wakeup alarm" and theft deterrent system.

I also recently bought four (4) Hawkray Trail Cameras, 30Mp, 0.2 to 0.6 sec trigger, black flash IR, includes 32 GB micro-SD card, and four (4) AAA batteries, now under $40 ea. They are small, hand sized trail cameras, mini-versions of the larger format trail cameras, and more easily concealed. Read the good and bad reviews. Mine are all 5 out of 5. Overall, the Net says 4.5. Nothing is perfect. ymmv.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 02-18-2023 at 04:35 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I was having some problems with things "walking off" my property.

A year ago I put up a couple of these. One on the garage, one on the back porch roof. Because they are Solar there is no wiring involved.
    No more troubles.

I like that they have different "modes"

Such as a dim glow at night until motion is detected, then it flashes to bright for 30 seconds.
    I also have one in my dinning room window on S side of the house.
    Its mode leaves off the dim glow. Just flashes on the high beams when motion is detected.

You can't leave my kitchen without tripping it.

Handy at night for when I take my final walk around the house, securing doors, ensuring basement is quiet, lights all off. Gives just enough light to let me navigate safely.

Ohh and anyone invading my home at night is going to be caught like a deer in the headlight. While I hide back in the hallway in the darkness with a perfect illuminated target.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm a firm believer that if you are ready for Murphy he picks on someone else.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Bub
    Why are your current cameras too small to use? Visible cameras can have a deterring effect that hidden ones cannot. If you are worried about the cameras being disabled after being sighted, there are plenty of cameras that operate on cell networks with cloud storage.

Boolit Master

Last week in the morning I took the dog for a walk in the snow I could see someone had pulled in drive about 100 feet then backed out .
    Checking the security cameras I found at 2 am the guy (S) pull in passenger gets out and it looks like he has a night vision optic he holds up to his face .I assume this from the glow it made so he must have had the I R light on. He hops back in and they back out no lights no break lights either . In the snow I found what looks like some rusted rocker panel with a dark blue paint from when the door opened or closed.
    I am guessing he saw the light from my cameras and went down the road ? I called the neighbor a 1/4 mile down and he was out in his sun room because of back pain and not being able to sleep . Says they had a loud muffler and went by real slow with no lights on .
    It is getting worse out there as people use up any savings they may have had.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

fill the gas cans, then add one pound of sugar to each can and mix..

Boolit Master
    just this week I saw some ads for a couple new cameras that Reolink has come out with. the ones I have that a a couple years old and are fantastic, no extra cloud membership or connection fees. one of each of these newest cameras are definitely on my "to buy" list. from the ads I saw I'm guessing they were designed to catch details like clear facial features and easy to read license plates in daylight or night time.

Boolit Master
    Electric fence placed about 2 feet or so above the ground.

If you live where you can do it, some regular target shooting will make the thieves a bit skitish.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Electric fence placed about 2 feet or so above the ground.

If you live where you can do it, some regular target shooting will make the thieves a bit skitish.
    Target shooting is Best... leave some targets up, and if still problems... signs warning that "You are Entering an Active Target Range"
    maybe even something about Night Training!!!! All In our little Corner of the County, know who Shoots!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    So you get a grainy video, then what?

Even if you capture clear pictures of people's faces, the cops ain't gonna do **** about it.

Welcome to the new Uhmerikkah.

Moderator Emeritus

I m a night owl, some out of town kids were raising hell until they came around the corner baseball bat out to smash my mailbox... I was standing there with my AR-15... they slammed on the brakes and headed for the other end of town, I had called 2 friends to watch for them and they were outside armed too. Sent a message and no trouble for a couple years. Sheriff/deputies are generally 45+ minutes away...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast