Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Henry Homesteader 9mm carbine

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

New Henry Homesteader 9mm carbine

Henry has jumped into the 9mm carbine game and I like what I am seeing. Wood stock, sporter styling, multiple mag options, and looks like the real world price will be about the same as a 9mm AR.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/home...ST_EMAIL_ID%5D

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H027_Hero_1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	310489
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I usually don't care for guns Henry makes, but I kinda like this one. It kinda looks like Winchester 1907. I would consider buying one if they make em in .30 Carbine or .357 Magnum.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Grand Master
    I like it, too. Eager to hear some real world reports and not the sales hype. For most defensive requirements, it should fill the bill. Extra barrel length, over a pistol, will mean some increased velocity.

They will sell a bunch of them.
    At 6.6 lbs and Sporter handling,
    I’ll have to check one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    I like this. A few things just got put on the back burner...

Boolit Buddy
    I like it, I’ll probably end up getting one. To me, it’s better option/alternative to a AR9.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like a crosman760 pump air rifle. I like it brings back fond memories.

Boolit Master

The website says Henry will be selling magazine adapters separately, so a fellow can set up his rifle for Henry, SIG, and Glock magazines, no matter which version you initially buy. Seems like this would also provide an aftermarket niche for other adapters, say Browning HP, or some of the many flavors of Ruger autos.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    …..I would consider buying one if they make em in .30 Carbine or .357 Magnum.
    The Homesteader is a blowback action. Don’t know if you’ll ever get the chance to seriously consider a Homesteader 30 or 357.

For someone who doesn't reload I think this would be a very smart choice. I had a Ruger PC carbine for awhile. Nice gun but felt alot bigger than it really was and I never could get the kind of accuracy I wanted so it went down the road. I'm thinking if I ever get another bigger than typical pistol 9mm it will be an AR pistol or SBR. My .357 carbines have spoiled me and for the same money as the Homesteader I would rather buy a Big Boy.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    The Homesteader is a blowback action. Don’t know if you’ll ever get the chance to seriously consider a Homesteader 30 or 357.
    Yeah, you're probably right. My imagination was running hopelessly wild.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Buddy
    I've had excellent luck with 2 PC Carbines for reliability and accuracy. I've killed any number of critters that the dog tangles with at night with it. We've shot them out to 200 yards. The only things I would like to see changed is a tritium front sight and more of a "wall" around the mag release. I have had mags drop out while stomping around the farm with it. You would never notice it at the range. Its a bit heavy with its blowback bolt, but I feed it a steady diet of Federal +P+ 115 HP's without a hicup. I highly recommend them. Its an excellent gun to combine with a 9mm Glock, both guns running the same mag. The Glock 26 mags are sort of cool, they flush fit and provide a real clean setup when moving.

Boolit Master

10 mm!?!?!
    That would be good also!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    The website says Henry will be selling magazine adapters separately, so a fellow can set up his rifle for Henry, SIG, and Glock magazines, no matter which version you initially buy. Seems like this would also provide an aftermarket niche for other adapters, say Browning HP, or some of the many flavors of Ruger autos.
    If you click on the specifications, you will see there are three different models. Each corresponding to which magazine it will accept. Only, the original one, that accepts Henry magazines, ships with magazines. I don't own any Glocks, but do own a P320 Sig. So that's the model I'm interested in.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Resembles the old Marlin camp carbine. I'd be first in line if they offered a 45 ACP - personally not interested in a 9mm.

Boolit Master

I like it. A big fan of the old win SL series. Seems to be a strong resemblance. If the trigger is as bad as my camp carbine had it would be a deal braker.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Master
    I like the looks of it, and the fact you can just leave the brass on the ground, unlike every other caliber I shoot. Not sure about the ghost ring sight, I would rather have more traditional sights, but maybe they would be OK for close range. The left hand charging handle option is nice, and the wood looks good on it.

I always liked the idea of the Marlin camp nine,but never bought one, hope this one stays in production longer than the Marlin. Maybe they will follow up with a .45 version

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    With multiple magazine magazine options , Beretta 92 , Browning High Power and CZ75 would be nice to offer .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerShooter View Post
    I've had excellent luck with 2 PC Carbines for reliability and accuracy. I've killed any number of critters that the dog tangles with at night with it. We've shot them out to 200 yards. The only things I would like to see changed is a tritium front sight and more of a "wall" around the mag release. I have had mags drop out while stomping around the farm with it. You would never notice it at the range. Its a bit heavy with its blowback bolt, but I feed it a steady diet of Federal +P+ 115 HP's without a hicup. I highly recommend them. Its an excellent gun to combine with a 9mm Glock, both guns running the same mag. The Glock 26 mags are sort of cool, they flush fit and provide a real clean setup when moving.
    I like the PC alot, but it just didn't work for me. Admittedly, I was comparing it to my .357 lever actions which is definitely not a fair comparison. I've been thinking for a long time about putting together a pistol version of the Colt 635 SMG. I can get a good cheek weld with a plain buffer tube, and it looks super cool. I'm used to shooting GI style sights on AR's already.

Boolit Master
    I have two Ruger PC9s. Both run great with 124g factor stuff. My loaded lead pellets are even better. Ruger is said to be making a 10mm version. As for AR 9mms you could not give me one again.

I will have to put my hands on a Henry model and see how it feels. I love the PCC but it is a bit heavy like all ruger stuff. Since its a Henry its going to be sold at walmart's which means it should be fairly cheap in price. We will see.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast