Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEF .22 hornet

NEF .22 hornet

Had this thing for close to two years now and finally decided to order some parts to tweak it and get it shooting, should be fun

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    Planning to keep it as a hornet or ream to k-hornet?

The 22 Hornet is a fun little gun. That is sweet. What is the problem with the hammer on the gun now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    The 22 Hornet is a fun little gun. That is sweet. What is the problem with the hammer on the gun now ?
    Noting really , works as it's supposed to from the factory but with that, 5lbs trigger pull and the process to do a trigger job with the factory system is ...a pain to say the least. These rebounding hammers let you do a really nice trigger job and you get rid of like 60% of the "guts"
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Planning to keep it as a hornet or ream to k-hornet?
    Probably just keep it the way it is honestly
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    Put a good scope on that and you'll have an excellent varmint gun. Do you have ground hogs where you live? If not, pretend that raccoons and possums are just "tree ground hogs". If you later decide to put a reamer into it and convert to 22 K-Hornet, the main attraction for that (besides the velocity gain) is that K-Hornet cases generally last longer than Hornet cases because they headspace off the shoulder instead of the rim. Nice rifle, looks like fun.

Boolit Master
    You're having ALL the fun lately!!! Depending on expense for you locally, and your mechanics skills, I would consider having I changed to a khornet. Had the opportunity to fire an older friends years ago and have always been looking for one, but cost for me locally has been prohibitive.
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Winchester brass, Lil gun powder,rem 7 1/2 primers,and hornady 35 gr vmax you'll be all set.

Boolit Buddy
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the parts? Numrich?

Never mind, found it,
    Last edited by tunnug; 02-14-2023 at 10:20 AM.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Buddy
    Okay, how about a link to those parts, please?

I wish someone would resurrect the NEF/H&R line like Ruger is doing for Marlin.

Boolit Master
    I agree! And add some cool calibers too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus one on the rebounding hammer!
    The transfer bar is a solution with no problem to solve in my opinion.
    In that break open action, just size the case enough to hold the bullet correctly and the brass will last longer.
    Some folks prefer to use small pistol primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Looks like you’ll have fun with that! I got rid of mine when I got into Contenders. I had good luck with 2400, lil gun and 4227. I got pressure signs(hard to open action , flattened primers) with 296. Have fun but beware of the fearsome recoil,!Tim

There’s a guy on GBO that makes brass fittings for those that will look good with that gold hammer!
    When you convert it to rebounding hammer, would you mind doing a thread on it?

Boolit Buddy
    Yes to what TBG said, I've got a .410 that had a broken transfer bar that's giving me trouble still, new transfer bar drops too soon so hammer barely hits the firing pin, changing to rebounding would solve the problem I believe.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Buddy
    I believe PSA bought out the H&R name. I was super pumped because if anyone could make a cheap break action of acceptable quality PSA could. Turns out PSA is making retro H&R AR15 lowers with the name.

I am rather disappointed.
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Boolit Master
    Funny I just tried to get a buddy to part with the same gun with no luck. I love me some single shot fun. Looks like you have plenty of wood if you choose to give it a sanding and refinish the stock. Those guns just feel so right when you pull them up and shoulder them.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Noting really , works as it's supposed to from the factory but with that, 5lbs trigger pull and the process to do a trigger job with the factory system is ...a pain to say the least. These rebounding hammers let you do a really nice trigger job and you get rid of like 60% of the "guts"
    I’ve got a few of these guns, and the triggers are not a joy. I’ve switched over to contenders for some calibers, but if there is a way to get a decent trigger for the princely sum of $40 I’d be all for that. Appreciate any details!

Boolit Master
    Wolf dog I forgot to mention don't use that 35 gr vmax on anything you want to go to the taxidermist. It's icky on the way out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast