Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticky rubber covering

Might want to rub something like ArmorAll on it now that you have it de-stickified. Might retard the return of the goo.
    Regards,
    Rob

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    I have had the same happen to a few things like that with the rubber/plastic finish turning gooey .
    The cause in my case was insect repellant with DEET in it I found no way to stop it from being a mess .
    DEET is well known as a great plasticizer. It really does a number on polycarbonate glasses lenses and glasses frames...

Boolit Master

WD-40 is what I use to get goo off things. It is a penetrant, though. It will remove goo, road tar, and permanent ink off things. Afterwards, clean with a degreaser.(I use a glass cleaner like Windex) It will also act as a starter fluid with 2 cycle engines. Carrier is kerosene.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    as I mentioned earlier I have items with this problem. by chance the other day I came across a flashlight with this problem. it was in the wood shop. problem solved on this one with fine saw dust from table saw. its now a rubber gooey mess saw dust covered finish. its a useful tool once more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12