Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: JTS Airacuda MAX .22

JTS Airacuda MAX .22

Hey yawl! Been a minute since I posted but since I have been pulled to PCP guns due to lack of primers for reloading powder burners, I have been casting pellets and slugs for air rifles instead.

I got a JTS Airacuda MAX in .22 for target shooting, they run about 420 and have a regulator. So far, its been very accurate but had a few issues to overcome first.

Been eyeing these. Do tell about the issues and how you overcame, please

Boolit Buddy
    There’s a full report on these, including issues and fixes on another air gun forum, not sure I’m allowed to post a link here?
    I’m also interested, in one of these, to replace my DAR.

I have 2 DAR's, a .22 and a .25, they are OK but the Airacuda is much more refined in every way. I had airtube alignment issues right off the block and brought that to the attention of Travis Whitney, he printed blocks to fill the void and my gun was happy (or so I thought).

I discovered quite by accident that when my hammer came forward, the air couldn't get out of the way and the hammer was buffered and slowed it down drastically. I took the action out of the stock and I got perfect speeds, right at 850fps but in the stock, it dropped to 500-650fps.

I drilled a hole in the stock directly inline with the bleed hole in the hammer casing and the issue went away. I get 850fps all day long now.

Boolit Master
    Good to hear. I have been looking at the Airacuda vs the AV Avenger.

Boolit Grand Master
    Seems like a very nice gun for the money.

Please post some accuracy data once you get a couple of hundred rounds through her. I have seen some very good accuracy reported. Would be nice to ger a report from someone unbiased.

I thought they would not be available until June. Great to see they beat that timeline.

Good luck with it.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Ordered an Airacuda Standard in .25 from Pyramyd. Look forward to my first PCP.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Seems like a very nice gun for the money.

Please post some accuracy data once you get a couple of hundred rounds through her. I have seen some very good accuracy reported. Would be nice to ger a report from someone unbiased.

I thought they would not be available until June. Great to see they beat that timeline.

Good luck with it.
    Don,

What information would you like? Grouping at 10m is pretty good, MOA for sure as is 50y. 100y is pie plate due to the choke, very good 75 yards and under but pellets like high speeds and heavy weights to stay fast enough at 100y to keep from becoming unstable.

Pandora's box...

Now you need a compressor, tanks, support equipment.

Boolit Master
    Yes, bought a Vevor upright -- with extended warranty. I'm only shooting mine in the garage right now, but might try setting up in the backyard when neighbors are at work ... just sayin'.
    Trigger has a bit of creep and I will want to strip and refinish the stock if possible, but the Airacuda Standard .25 has some serious build quality right out of the box.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    Don,

What information would you like? Grouping at 10m is pretty good, MOA for sure as is 50y. 100y is pie plate due to the choke, very good 75 yards and under but pellets like high speeds and heavy weights to stay fast enough at 100y to keep from becoming unstable.
    Thanks for sharing your results. I am averaging 3/4" groups at 50 yards with my Daystate Huntsman using the Crosman .22 cal 14.3 HP's. This year I will try some longer range testing to see how it does but I don't expect good results. 14.3 gr and a crappy BC do not inspire confidence. Maybe if I get a dead calm day, I might get a few lucky groups but that is not reality.

Your MOA results at 50 yards are fantastic for a gun less than half the cost of the Daystate.
    Don Verna

Sure would be interesting to find a BIG warehouse type place with LONG indoor aisles to do some testing in. Controlled environment
    don't you know.... just to see what these things are capable of........... ah, but then there is reality

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Thanks for sharing your results. I am averaging 3/4" groups at 50 yards with my Daystate Huntsman using the Crosman .22 cal 14.3 HP's. This year I will try some longer range testing to see how it does but I don't expect good results. 14.3 gr and a crappy BC do not inspire confidence. Maybe if I get a dead calm day, I might get a few lucky groups but that is not reality.

Your MOA results at 50 yards are fantastic for a gun less than half the cost of the Daystate.

I tried them in my 700mm FX Maverick Sniper and I am hitting 4" groups at 100y with CPHP's. Wind plays with them pretty bad, hold over of 8" in a breeze isn't uncommon for me.