Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 6.5 Grendel powder recommendations

Boolit Mold

6.5 Grendel powder recommendations

I recently purchased an AR upper in 6.5 Grendel and now I am looking for reloading data that can use BLC-2 powder as the propellent. So if anyone has any recommendations or can vector me to a site that can help with this, I would be grateful. Also, I am not welded to the BLC-2 powder so I will be thankful for any other guidance or thoughts on reloading for the 6.5 Grendel.

I've found data for Nosler, Sierra, and speer, (I believe?), online. Most of my load books are at least an edition or two behind, but even so my Hornady one has grendel load data.

There's also a 6.5 grendel reloading handbook Vol 1&2. I bought mine from AR15buildbox.com. If you decide to buy and only go after one get volume two. My brother has had one for years and doesn't have any equipment but comes over and we load for his coyote hunting rounds at my place. We've only loaded with lighter bullets, (discontinued Sierra 85gr Hp), and I'd like to say the Bcl2 is definitely a viable powder but probably better suited to the heavier ones. We've never tried it in any case but I have seen load data for it.

Good luck it's a fun round! I've since built my own and haven't taken the time to shoot it much beyond a couple initial load work ups to see how she'd do.

I've got some molds to cast with and try as well.

Looking at the hodgdonreloading.com on line reloading manual, there doesn’t seem to be even one load for the 6.5 Grendel using blc-2, any bullet weight.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master

xbr is commonly used for 6.5G
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Grand Master

I have two Grendel uppers, one of them prefers 8208XBR and the other loves AA2520. I have run H322, H380, RL0, TAC and IMR 4198 through them but can never get a steady source of BLC2 locally.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by stripe View Post
    I recently purchased an AR upper in 6.5 Grendel and now I am looking for reloading data that can use BLC-2 powder as the propellent. So if anyone has any recommendations or can vector me to a site that can help with this, I would be grateful. Also, I am not welded to the BLC-2 powder so I will be thankful for any other guidance or thoughts on reloading for the 6.5 Grendel.
    Hi Stripe, lots of good powders out there. I like CFE223 for general loads. Most loads similar to BLC2. CFE223 runs cleaner in my ar-s. What weight bullet you want to shoot? Tac or 8208 for lighter bullets.

Check out: https://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.php

Lots of good load data there.

Chuck S.

If you must use the blc2, you can do some extrapolating by matching bullet weight and case capacity from a cartridge that HAS data for blc2. An example would be 125gr/7.62x39.
    Starting load only of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's so many good powders I've read about for the grendal that I was focused more on helping you find the data for Blc2.

Looking through that Grendel load book most of the loads they have for blc2 came from Alexander Arms.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2AYpqdqa2qFctF

The first powder we tried with these 85s was 8208 and it was awesome. During the last great powder shortage we couldn't find any and tried H322 and it was pretty awesome as well. I've tried tac with them when I built mine and it was pretty good. I think exterminator/2230 would work better for a lighter bullet like that and is my next powder to test. My buddy has a bunch of the 85s as well and he has H335 for his 223 loads so we're going to see how that performs. I've read AR comp, LEVERevolution, N133 among the ones these guys listed already are good choices too but I could never find and and now I have enough other powders to keep me going I'm not looking anymore.