Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 300 blackout sub mold

Boolit Mold

300 blackout sub mold

Looking to get a 300 blk mold for loading subsonic rounds(200-230gr) to run thru an AR platform. These will be powder coated so don't necessarily need lube groove. I've seen mixed reviews on the Lee 309-230. Mp has they're 311-235 that looks appealing. What has been working for you guys?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesotam7 View Post
    Looking to get a 300 blk mold for loading subsonic rounds(200-230gr) to run thru an AR platform. These will be powder coated so don't necessarily need lube groove. I've seen mixed reviews on the Lee 309-230. Mp has they're 311-235 that looks appealing. What has been working for you guys?
    I have the MP mold. It’s a dream to cast with, I just have to run my pot hot to get good fill out. I’ve yet to shoot any though. I just got the mold a few weeks ago. I need to swap my blackout barrel on my ar as my current barrel has too slow of a twist to shoot these. Im not in a big rush as I’m still waiting on my suppressor approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadoyle View Post
    I have the MP mold. It’s a dream to cast with, I just have to run my pot hot to get good fill out. I’ve yet to shoot any though. I just got the mold a few weeks ago. I need to swap my blackout barrel on my ar as my current barrel has too slow of a twist to shoot these. Im not in a big rush as I’m still waiting on my suppressor approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Let me know how they feed and shoot

Boolit Master
    I designed a bullet with Tom years ago at accurate molds. I actually loved it so much, I had him make me a set for my Mk5. https://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet...bullet=31-215E. Sweet little boolit and super quiet out of my SBR and my Remi 700
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master

I had the Lee mold. I never could get it to run well and felt I had to seat it too deep to obtain reliability. I jumped in on the group buy from MP and really glad I did. I had very little work in getting it to run well and the profile is excellent for powder coating.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the reply's! Are you guys sizing to 309?

Boolit Master
    Yes I do .309
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

I use the Lee mold in a bolt gun. I double powder coat to get it fat enough to size. It is a very consistent and accurate boolit for me. Have not tried it in an AR.

Boolit Master

I size to .310 after PC.

Boolit Buddy
    I use noe HTC310-225-RN-CE4, they have been on back order on and off. i use hightek and h110 and have had good results with function and accuracy in my ar15. By the way it is 16 inch with pistol gas barrel by odin works. If you are using converted brass be careful which brass you make it from as neck thickness can cause problems with slightly larger bullet than the j type. I have had it size down the bullet when seated. if you go with usa brass you are usually ok.

I have the MP hollow point mould, I lube and size it old school in the RCBS lube o matic and its the only bullet i tried that works reliably but im not saying thats it the only one. Its the only one i use with 300 BO. For supers i use 110 gr Vmax but that few and far between. Its such a good mold too. I am at a point where i no longer use PC for rifle bullets. I used to PC everything, now i just PC for my 1911's.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_kaleigh View Post
    I use noe HTC310-225-RN-CE4, they have been on back order on and off. i use hightek and h110 and have had good results with function and accuracy in my ar15. By the way it is 16 inch with pistol gas barrel by odin works. If you are using converted brass be careful which brass you make it from as neck thickness can cause problems with slightly larger bullet than the j type. I have had it size down the bullet when seated. if you go with usa brass you are usually ok.
    I have the same mold Mike, just cast & coated a couple hundred and looking to load some. What OAL are you using? I believe Taco said he used 2.100". I'll probably start there and see how she runs.

Quote Originally Posted by psychodad View Post
    I have the same mold Mike, just cast & coated a couple hundred and looking to load some. What OAL are you using? I believe Taco said he used 2.100". I'll probably start there and see how she runs.
    i have that mold but had alot of problems with chambering with PC.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Bub
    Seems like the MP311-235 was a bore rider design and some people had problems with it in an AR. I have one and it chambers in MY AR ok with a couple of coats of Hi-Tek. I bought the Taco mold to play around since he claimed it was designed to feed in a 300BO. YMMV.

Do a search on MP311-235, there were a couple of guys here playing around with it. Here's the GB link: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-and-6C-Solid/. I think there's another shorter thread where a couple of guys just talk about loading it. This should keep you busy....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by almar View Post
    i have that mold but had alot of problems with chambering with PC.
    Sorry it took me so long to get back,(really busy with work) l load to 2.25 OAL. but the lead in my barrel is very long. I am about .010 off the lands. The main problem i would see is if you have thick layer of powder coat that is why i use hitek. I normally size 308 boolits to 310 for everything, but had to size to 309 to get it to chamber well and watch which brass i converted. some 223 brass has thick sidewalls which makes the necks too thick when you convert to 300 blk. After i figured everything out, it really was a game changer for 300 blk, to be able to cast and load subsonic. I shoot that gun more than just about anything else now.