Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Need mold maker to recut an extinct mold.

Boolit Bub

Need mold maker to recut an extinct mold.

Since NEI doesn't appear to be around anymore I'm looking for some one that can reproduce a mold for me in .25 cal. Veral at LBT molds made the mold that I'm thinking about but the last time I emailed him a few years ago he said that he wasn't able to recut the mold. I'm guessing that .25 cal molds are a pain to make. The man and his son that used to cast the slugs for .25 cal PCP airguns haven't made them in years and I'm out of them now. I've searched through the threads on the forum and didn't find anything conclusive about a mold maker that could make one. Have any of you had good success having any molds make in .25 cal? Please let m know if you can recommend anyone.

Thanks

I am pretty sure that NOE Moulds makes them!?

Boolit Grand Master

NOE makes a line of different caliber air rifle boolit moulds , check and see if they have what you are looking for or possibility of making a mould from your design .
    [url]www.noebulletmoulds.com[/url

Welcome to Castboolits from Baton Rouge , Louisiana !

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Gary. Is the best way to reach them by email? The bullet/slug that I'm trying to revive is more a less a .25 wadcutter that has 4 driving bands from top to bottom and looks like one of the
    old school oil drums from years ago. The bore of the rifle is a real oddball at .253 but with the old wadcutters was really accurate out to 100 yards. I even tried Tom at Accurate Mold but he isn't
    able to make anything that small in diameter. I'll see what the best way to contact NOE is and get a drawing out to them.

Boolit Master

Here's a couple numbers for Al (Swede) Nelson; I don't think he would be mad by sharing his phone numbers for business purposes.

(801) 377-7289

(801) 830-1535

Al is an awesome guy to talk to, FULL of knowledge.. If you have an idea, run it by Al, you may be surprised.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Moderator Emeritus

[The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by choctaw/creek View Post
    Thanks Gary. Is the best way to reach them by email? The bullet/slug that I'm trying to revive is more a less a .25 wadcutter that has 4 driving bands from top to bottom and looks like one of the
    old school oil drums from years ago. The bore of the rifle is a real oddball at .253 but with the old wadcutters was really accurate out to 100 yards. I even tried Tom at Accurate Mold but he isn't
    able to make anything that small in diameter. I'll see what the best way to contact NOE is and get a drawing out to them.
    I was never able to get a response from my emails to them. I ordered by internet and they did send along a few extra set screws, I had inquired about in my emails. So they must read them, but not respond. I’ve heard people say you should call them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by choctaw/creek View Post
    The bore of the rifle is a real oddball at .253 but with the old wadcutters was really accurate out to 100 yards.
    If the bore is .253", then I imagine the groove size is around .258" - .259". That is not odd. There are several molds that cast bullets in that range. Perhaps not oil drum shape, but good bullets nonetheless. You didn't mention what weight range you want, but I've found the 72gr. Arsenal 257420 to be very accurate in my rifles.

Boolit Man
    I would try Steve Brooks.