Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: New guy and .223 lead boolits

Boolit Mold

New guy and .223 lead boolits

Greetings

I am anew registered member but have been visiting the forum for a while. I am out near Phoenix Arizona. I do not cast at the moment but maybe I will in the future.I used to shoot cast boolits in the 30-06 (long time ago) and recently got to purchased some online. I am trying to find someone that sells .223 lead cast projectiles. If anybody knows of a place please leade me in that direction. Thanks again and I hope one day I can contribute to the forum

Boolit Mold
    I recommend emailing this guy.
    http://gardnerscache.com/index.html
    He doesn't show any available. When my son needed something for his Carcano, he said he had something that would work. He cast some and pc them. Shot several of his others decent good accuracy in our pistols.

Chuck S.

Boolit Master

https://shop.reedsammo.com/22-Calibe...llets_c286.htm
    Never used them, I cast my own.

Welcome to Cast Boolits!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    https://shop.reedsammo.com/22-Calibe...llets_c286.htm
    Never used them, I cast my own.

Welcome to Cast Boolits!
    Awesome guys and thanks for the welcome

if you PM me your address, i can will send you some of my Lee 55 gr gas check boolits, free gratis. i hardly use them any more.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    If your rifle is a bolt gun with a 1/12 twist, you will hopefully find out what I did with my T/C 223 bolt rifle. Using a NOE 22 cal mold, that rifle shoots cast boolits better than all of my different jacketed except the premium Sierra projectiles at 100 yards. It took a few months of experimenting to get the rifle there but it was very satisfying. Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    If your rifle is a bolt gun with a 1/12 twist, you will hopefully find out what I did with my T/C 223 bolt rifle. Using a NOE 22 cal mold, that rifle shoots cast boolits better than all of my different jacketed except the premium Sierra projectiles at 100 yards. It took a few months of experimenting to get the rifle there but it was very satisfying. Welcome to the forum!
    I've heard that particular mold/boolit can be pretty accurate. Care to share your recipe? Is it the NOE 225-72-RN-B1 Mold?
    Last edited by 300leonidas; 02-08-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Boolit Mold
    wow Wayne. So cool. Thanks so much. PM sent

Boolit Mold
    my .223 is a 1:8 twist but I am curious as to what can be acomplished with cast boolits in .223. I shot .309 many times and I truly enjoy it. I currently don't have room for casting gear but I surely plan to. Need to educate myself and figure out where to get lead around here. I have only been here in the forum one day and feel very welcomed so thanks all of you. You know, although the economy is so bad that even cast projectiles are expensive there is a sense of old times, frontier, mountain man aura to shooting cast boolits even from a modern rifle

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by phxreloader View Post
    my .223 is a 1:8 twist but I am curious as to what can be acomplished with cast boolits in .223. I shot .309 many times and I truly enjoy it. I currently don't have room for casting gear but I surely plan to. Need to educate myself and figure out where to get lead around here. I have only been here in the forum one day and feel very welcomed so thanks all of you. You know, although the economy is so bad that even cast projectiles are expensive there is a sense of old times, frontier, mountain man aura to shooting cast boolits even from a modern rifle
    Not to distract from your question OP, but you are 100% correct about the community here. I've only been a member for a few weeks but during my first day here and first post, I had a gentleman reach out and offer to mail me some cast boolits free of charge. They showed up nicely packaged and I cannot wait to give them a shot (pun intended).