Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: about feed up with Lee

I like my Lee junk, er equipment, helps keep my mind working by figuring out how to modify it to keep it working.
    If it wasn't for Richard Lee there would a lot less reloaders.

Boolit Master
    Well there is a funny thing......the Lee cast iron press used to be the cheapest of the iron presses at around $98........now its more expensive than a RCBS Rockchucker .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Well there is a funny thing......the Lee cast iron press used to be the cheapest of the iron presses at around $98........now its more expensive than a RCBS Rockchucker .
    Well it was either keep price low or discontinue the Rockchucker. The Classic cast is a better press in every way I've found. I've owned both a Classic cast and a Rockchucker, and I no longer own a Rockchucker (it is still at a family members house making good ammo as it always did). The Lee Challenger is a better competitor to the Rockchucker, and it's currently about half the price of a Rockchucker at $85 on Midway. It's been a long time since the Classic cast was under $100, more than 10 years.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 02-16-2023 at 09:27 PM.

Actually the solution here is to buy more stuff so the shipping is amortized over more stuff. It doesn't hurt as bad when you do that.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Quote Originally Posted by compass will View Post
    I need one of those little square index parts for my rotary press. part number Part TF3567, 75 cents. so I was going to order 2.
    mine is not broken yet, but is sloppy. I know I replaced it at least once in the past.
    But Lee wants $10 for shipping and refuses to drop it in an envelope for 60 cents. the 10 bucks ain't going to kill me, its just the point.
    one option is to send back the old one (mind is worn, but but not broken) and they might replace it. mean while I am down for reloading for weeks or ever how long it takes.

Did I once see where someone else was making these that were better than the plastic ones?
    Attachment 310242
    I've never known LEE to charge for any replacement parts. 7 years back the pot in my 10# bottom pour burned thru, and they replaced it for free.

Apparently something has changed.
    Kalifornia passes "feel good" legislation hand over fist, legislation that is looking for a problem to solve and affecting only law abiding persons.

So, after 40 years of that nonsense, that's why I now live in Arizona.

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Well you can't possibly expect them to put it in a letter envelope, the USPS won't even accept that. It would be broken when it got to you. A small padded envelope is currently $9.65. That has nothing to do with Lee, that's what USPS charges. That is as cheap as you can currently ship anything.
    You can ship a USPS small fixed price box for under $8.

That will hold lots more than a padded envelope, and Uncle Sam pays for the box.
    Kalifornia passes "feel good" legislation hand over fist, legislation that is looking for a problem to solve and affecting only law abiding persons.

So, after 40 years of that nonsense, that's why I now live in Arizona.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacd View Post
    You can ship a USPS small fixed price box for under $8.

That will hold lots more than a padded envelope, and Uncle Sam pays for the box.
    Not for a a long time now. They are currently $10.20, which is actually less than it was just a month ago. The current cheapest option for shipping is a USPS flat rate envelope at $9.65. UPS or Fedex are not cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Actually the solution here is to buy more stuff so the shipping is amortized over more stuff. It doesn't hurt as bad when you do that.

Randy
    Or you could be a registered FFL with Lee and get free shipping and I believe half-off on retail.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master

I’ve been shipping lead in Medium Flat Rate boxes. I’ve been putting 50 lbs in them for $17.10.
    USPS will accept up to 70 lbs but I can’t handle that much.
    The responsibility is on me to pack so that it gets to the destination undamaged. All have so far but the packing has evolved so now it’s much better than when I started.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by compass will View Post
    Its ironic, I found my spare index square, but last night I broke my first Decapper pin. if you have a lee press you know how the old primers go all over the desk as you use the press, and one has jumped into one of the cases I has not deprimed yet and it bent the pin as I tried to decap it.
    I pulled a decapper out of a 45 colt die so I could finish the job I was doing.
    Once I was done I go on the lee website and put one decapping pin in my basket and the price is "this is free to you". so I throw in the little square port and same thing "this is free to you" . I also ordered this piece of plastic that mounts around the ram that the index square rides in (screw is getting stripped) and it was also free. so I doubled my order to 2 of each of the pins and index square (which I paid for) and I don't think I spent $15 for all that including shipping Now I feel better.
    When I order from Lee I go through a mental list of what I want spares of, one each for free; but if you order more it still helps out you over all shipping. I ordered 10 of those little squares a few years ago. But I also have rebuilt 2 melting pots and have spare parts for my dies ect., mostly ordered as replacements when ordering things I wanted to purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    When I order from Lee I go through a mental list of what I want spares of, one each for free; but if you order more it still helps out you over all shipping. I ordered 10 of those little squares a few years ago. But I also have rebuilt 2 melting pots and have spare parts for my dies ect., mostly ordered as replacements when ordering things I wanted to purchased.
    Yup, I think Lee has a very amicable online service policy. I always try to add something from their closeout section when ordering parts.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Because of this post I went & ordered some Lee parts. I think it's a bargain,

Products ordered
    SKU Product Item price Quantity Total Weight
    90022 223 EZ X EXP/DECAPPER $0.00 1 $0.00 0.03 lbs
    90269 4 HOLE TURRET $15.00 1 $15.00 0.38 lbs
    CO-520 R3 SHELL HOLDER RECON. $1.99 1 $1.99 0.05 lbs
    SD4239 SPLINE DRV LOCK RING $0.00 1 $0.00 0.01 lbs
    SE1945 LG PLUG FOR 90798 $0.00 1 $0.00 0.06 lbs
    SE1955 SM PLUG FOR 90798 $0.00 1 $0.00 0.04 lbs
    SE2163 EZ X EXP 30/30 $0.00 1 $0.00 0.03 lbs
    SE2169 EZ X EXP 30 CAL MED $0.00 1 $0.00 0.03 lbs
    SE2171 EZ X EXP 243CAL MED $0.00 1 $0.00 0.03 lbs
    SE2277 EZ X EXP 30 CAL LONG $0.00 1 $0.00 0.04 lbs
    TF3566 AUTO INDEX CLAMP $0.00 1 $0.00 0.02 lbs
    TF3567 SQUARE RATCHET $0.00 1 $0.00 0.01 lbs
    TP2108 RETAINER/SHELL HLD. $0.50 1 $0.50 0.01 lbs
    Subtotal: $17.49
    Shipping cost: $15.40
    Total: $32.89 0.74 lbs
    Thank you for using our shopping system

If you have access to a 3D printer, or somebody who would print them for you, here is the design file for it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1935704
    Cost would pretty much be zero as they are so small.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123