WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your FAVORITE GRIPS for the 1911...?

Boolit Bub
    Bout 40 yrs ago elephant ivory grips that some one had carved the rampant colt emblem in. Wish I still had those, if they would be legal now.

Boolit Master

If anyone is interested in a grip that is a little less "fat", I found a pair of wood replacement grips, produced offshore, which did the trick for me.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    I like my grips made from animals. Bone, horn,and antlers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    I like my grips made from animals. Bone, horn,and antlers
    I like Pachmayr wrap around "Combat" style grips. They are made of plastic, which comes from oil, which comes from dinosaurs. Dinosaurs were animals, right?
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    Anything but G10 or rubberwood, bone, or ivory, get my vote & I’ve seen some really nice synthetic ivory!
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    I like Pachmayr wrap around "Combat" style grips. They are made of plastic, which comes from oil, which comes from dinosaurs. Dinosaurs were animals, right?
    Those were my choice as well. I don't put grips on a gun based on how pretty it is. I really did not like the stag grips on my FIL's nickel, engraved NM pistol. They looked good, just did not perform well in my hands.

FWIW, I also took the factory target grips off the Python and put on the Hogue rubber grips.

Boolit Buddy
    I too like the heft of the Para/Rem/Rock-Ilse double stacks, finally got a RI3.10. Helps my big hands. Used a Pachymar wrap for decades, comfy. Another is the Real Avid clamshell, has a add on rail in the front + a grooved front trigger guard. Fits very well on Springfield Armory, feels good. The small Colts & Kimbers are just not comfortable or controllable with my XL hands. Nor the GI models w/o a beaver grip. Too many scars on my hand.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234