WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: haritage update

Boolit Buddy

haritage update

I got my revolver back from haritage, they replace the hammer spring and it is shooting fine now. Haritage turn around was good too. I biggest gripe with the whole thing is with Academy sports, the firearm took about 3 weeks or more to move from Academy. Granted it was around Christmas and new years. Academy said it was Fedex ground fault, Because they did not come and pick it up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    I got my revolver back from haritage, they replace the hammer spring and it is shooting fine now. Haritage turn around was good too. I biggest gripe with the whole thing is with Academy sports, the firearm took about 3 weeks or more to move from Academy. Granted it was around Christmas and new years. Academy said it was Fedex ground fault, Because they did not come and pick it up.
    Good Update... So Far Good on Heritage...sort of, should Not have to send stuff back...But ...and Boo to Academy!!!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My side job shop will happily send a gun back for you, but make you go through the 4473 and NICS all over again. They also will not transfer a gun until NICS gives the green light, even if that is two months from now. So what are they going to do when the NICS check expires and they are still holding someone's gun hostage over something that is not legally required? I always tell customers to contact the manufacturer and leave us out of it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    Good Update... So Far Good on Heritage...sort of, should Not have to send stuff back...But ...and Boo to Academy!!!
    I agree, we shouldn't have to send back brand new firearms, but it's sometimes necessary, ans isn't just one company.
    A guy I talk with bought one of the new Colt King Cobras back before Christmas that had to return it to have a new barrel installed.
    I'm a member of a Henry forum, and last year there were several that had to send a rifle back for a number of issues.
    Heck some as many as three times,now that seemed a bit much, but it happens.
    Glad they got you all fixed up.
    I have 2 Heritage revolvers the first had to have that same spring replaced, but it was a few years and I don't know many rounds later.
    it's been solid every since.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    My side job shop will happily send a gun back for you, but make you go through the 4473 and NICS all over again. They also will not transfer a gun until NICS gives the green light, even if that is two months from now. So what are they going to do when the NICS check expires and they are still holding someone's gun hostage over something that is not legally required? I always tell customers to contact the manufacturer and leave us out of it.
    Hmmmm, Someone didn't read the Procedure... Last I knew it was like a week, and hand it over If you Don't hear Back!!!
    An innocent misspelling can hold up the show..especially since the people the FFL call do Not always claim English as their First Language!!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    Hmmmm, Someone didn't read the Procedure... Last I knew it was like a week, and hand it over If you Don't hear Back!!!
    An innocent misspelling can hold up the show..especially since the people the FFL call do Not always claim English as their First Language!!
    Last I recall it's three business days from the time the FFL submits the search request. I work for a corporate outfit and the policy is written by lawyers who don't have to deal with real people. I really wish somebody would take them to court over it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.