Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Tippman 22 cal. gatling gun?

Tippman 22 cal. gatling gun?

I was wondering if anyone has been able to physically view one of these. I believe it was introduced at Shot Show this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22LR_Gatling_gun_PRODUCT_IMAGE__83391 (1).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	310178
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

I haven't seen that particular one, but new production Gatling guns in various calibers have been around a long time.
    They're available in 22LR, .38Spec. and the original .45-70 with the top feed magazines available too.
    Unless the rules have changed, I don't think they are a Class III weapon either.
    Not enough of them have been involved in crimes to come up on the govt's radar.
    They might run afoul of laws concerning magazine capacity- but that's about it.

Plans have been available since I was a kid in the classified ads of gun comic books.
    You can buy partially built or parts for them still.

If you want one, but can't machine some of the parts, they are available, and you make or assemble the other pieces.

There's a red neck version out there where you put two Ruger 10-22s in a rack with a crank handle too.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

This is a true 6-barrel revolving Gatling gun in 22 lr. The MSRP is $4500.00. I don't think the earlier miniature guns come anywhere near to being that cheap. I am giving this serious consideration. I would love to have one of the more authentic ones with the gravity feed magazine but the ones I have seen, even in 22 lr, have been well north of $10,000.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    This is a true 6-barrel revolving Gatling gun in 22 lr. The MSRP is $4500.00. I don't think the earlier miniature guns come anywhere near to being that cheap. I am giving this serious consideration. I would love to have one of the more authentic ones with the gravity feed magazine but the ones I have seen, even in 22 lr, have been well north of $10,000.
    Nice if you have that kind of coin to blow on a range toy.

That is why I built my own .50 BMG, $500 in steel was a lot easier to stomach than $5000 in factory rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Nice if you have that kind of coin to blow on a range toy.

That is why I built my own .50 BMG, $500 in steel was a lot easier to stomach than $5000 in factory rifle.
    Seeing as how I don't have the knowledge or equipment for that kind of build, I will have to pay for someone else's expertise.

And compared to some of the custom-built flintlocks I have seen, this is a bargain.

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like a tripod from a 1919a4. If so, gives you kind of an idea of its size.

Boolit Master
    I would love to have one, THE thought of feeding it is scarry .....

Boolit Grand Master
    If I bought a toy like that, it would be like being married for 40 years....would not get sex for months.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    So how much do they cost? $5000?

MSRP is $4500.00. I am going to check with my LGS later this week to see if he has access. The web site said a 90-day lead time for delivery. They are made by the same company that is making the 9 mm guns that use Glock magazines and have been featured on a couple of the more popular gun channels.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wish it used Ruger or AR15 magazine, that way common mags would be used instead of the special links that would only be available from Tippman

With the current cost and availability of ammunition, it would be a safe queen. I couldn't afford to shoot it, let alone buy it.

I don't see it being popular at all...you'd have to shoot at a 55 gallon drum to hit anything cranking that piece of work!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    Ive seen some 9mm in operation. Guy had a big fiber drum of Egyptian 9mm ball and burned it all up in the course of a few days. Had to have a gate lift on the truck to move the ammo around.
    There is also a little 9mm one that takes glock mags. Neat little toy.

I've seen the Tippman M2 scaled down 22 run. Cloth belt, not super reliable.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Tippman made alot of actual full auto .22's back in the day too, they are pretty kewl.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Along the “Pseudo Gatling Gun” line was the handmade crank operated one that was on display in the original Cheaper than Dirt store in Ft Worth- back when they were a good LGS.
    It held at least eight SKS barreled actions with the 30 round magazines that spun around and got their triggers tripped as the handle was cranked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like it only has 8.5" barrels, so it must be pretty small. Maybe not much bigger than a keyboard. Kind of hoping it had 16.25" barrels and was about 30" long. Unfortunately, under proposed Colorado law, having a removable mag, makes it an assault rifle. Heck, even my old Rem 700 bdl '06 will be considered an assault rifle since you can get kits to replace the floorplate/triggerguard and use a detachable mag. My Ruger American bolt gun in 6.5 grendel would be an assault rifle since it has a detachable mag., not to mention a threaded muzzle (which in itself makes it an assault rifle).

There is at least one video on YouTube from Shot Show showing the gun on a table with Tippmann's 9mm guns. From what I understood from the video (and it is briefly mentioned) the tripod is NOT removable to prevent it from being considered a SBR. If the tripod were removable, the gun would easily fit in a slightly oversized briefcase.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    It doesn't have a stock and isn't a handgun, so I would imagine the proper classification for it would be AOW. Far as I know, if the OAL is at least 26" it goes from AOW to non-NFA "firearm", which is what the Remington Tac-12 and Mossy Shockwave are.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.