RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Small pistol primers

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    I too have been using srp in my 9mm's and have had nary one problem.
    Shooting them mostly in striker fired guns too.
    I have srp up the ying yang.
    Good to know, I still have my stock , but if it get to that I need some . I have 2 things to do ,reload some or to buy the srp.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Bub
    I got into reloading right at the start of the shutdowns. I bought 1k SRP @ $30/1000 and wish I had bought more. Unfortunately I'm young and in the early stage of family life where we don't have much extra for "fun." I hope prices come down someday, but I fear the political scene in this country has shifted past the tipping point, against us shooters.

Fortunately my FIL has been generous with equipment, sharing his extra press and other items with me. But it's of no use if I can't afford the consumables. That's another reason I got into casting. I want to have as many boolits as I'll ever need. So saved up and bought some moulds and lead and hopefully will have enough for years to come. Powder is becoming available in my area for somewhat decent prices, but primers are still too high for my budget. I can only afford a sleeve here and there when I can find them.

Last week I picked up some CCI spp for $79.99 at Scheels in Sioux Falls, SD. They had a good selection of primers. I sure hope they come down some! Hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    I think the prices could come down some but because of the 10/12 trillion of deficit spending over the last two years (inflation) prices can only drop so far before a company can still make a profit. Could prices drop to $45/$50 per thousand? Possibly but that would require that inflation stops which is highly unlikely.

Boolit Buddy

i paid $70 about 3 weeks ago for cci spp 1k. At an upper mid west good gun store.

Boolit Master

It’s been a year or so since an ammo manufacturer released a video about how hard they’re trying to fill orders. I’m sort of hoping the next one will feature an attractive female VP type making the excuses. Sometimes a pretty face makes bad news more palatable.

Boolit Buddy

learned my lesson with obummer. I do keep an eye out though. I've seen primers listed $90 - $150 per 1k online. My lgs's will only sell 200 per person per day, when they have them.

Boolit Bub
    I saw Remington 5 1/2 SPPs at Scheels in Springfield IL this week - price was 8 cents each before tax.

Boolit Master
    A new Texas primer mfg'er shipping out sample product now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6eFfw222U

""We have some of the 1st ever examples of expansion industries small pistol primers soon to be released to the public. This is a new primer company in Texas. Hopefully they will make an impact in the industry. ""

Could be bogus, not sure.
    Last edited by Kenstone; 02-25-2023 at 12:30 AM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master
    From recent email from midway

Winchester Small Pistol Primers #1-1/2 Box of 1000 (10 Trays of 100)

$99.99
    Add to Cart

If you already placed a backorder for this product, no further action is required and you will be getting a shipping confirmation email shortly.

First-come, First-served - Please understand we are not reserving this product for you and it is available on a first-come, first-served basis to all of our Customers.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up 5000 Ginex primers for $425.00. Seems these days around $80.00/1000 is the best you’re going to do. About a year ago I got 5000 S&B SRP’s for $400.00 intending to substitute them for SPP’s. I had too many that wouldn’t go off using some of my pistols that had been modded for lighter triggers. But I had plenty of CCI SRP’s and tried them with 100% success and relegated the S$B’s to my AR’s and all my loads in .223 increased accuracy wise by about 20%-25% so win win for me.

Boolit Buddy

All I have seen lately is $100 - $150.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07D759D9-E603-43F4-A444-FC2EE038DBB8.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	311234

I found these in an ammo can the other day in the pole barn. And people like to rip on Gander Mountain.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F13588E-6981-4383-BB8A-739F2202018B.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	311235

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07D759D9-E603-43F4-A444-FC2EE038DBB8.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	311234

I found these in an ammo can the other day in the pole barn. And people like to rip on Gander Mountain.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F13588E-6981-4383-BB8A-739F2202018B.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	311235
    Everywhere else was $10 a brick when Gander raped you on those pistol primers.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    A new Texas primer mfg'er shipping out sample product now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6eFfw222U

""We have some of the 1st ever examples of expansion industries small pistol primers soon to be released to the public. This is a new primer company in Texas. Hopefully they will make an impact in the industry. ""

Could be bogus, not sure.
    Red flags, galore. Anyone could spend a few hundred bucks to have some cardboard boxes made and printed up, then boxes of primers handed out for the purpose of drumming up some investor interest. As far as I'm concerned, Expansion Industries is just a concept or idea at this point, if not an investor scam.

Don't show me a cardboard box. Show me government licensing applications/approval, machinery, and contracts/orders from ammo manufacturers and retailers who are lined up to buy and distribute these primers.

I dont think the outlook is as gloomy as most. Someone will see the opportunity, though I suspect that capital, and expertise in the design and process engineering fields will be tough barriers to entrance, and enter the market. Supply goes up. Prices go down. As long as too many shooters don’t give up and abandon their sports, and the government doesn’t place new restrictions on manufacturers, there is a chance that our (relatively) free market will accommodate us. I’m giving it a couple more years while focusing on my rimfire skills.

Boolit Master

Two years ago after getting my Barber started into reloading, he told me - "You were a Program and Project Manager in your 2nd career after you retired from the military. Why don't you start up a Primer manufacturing business? I explained the tremendous local, state, and Federal entities that would have to be placated for approvals, the isolated land requirements and access control, the supply chain, the equipment needed being built, and the 10's of millions of dollars needed. We (The Barber Shop Crowd) being middle middle class; his response was basically "Ohhhh. Never Mind".

Unfortunately; beyond reloading a few thousand expended primers; getting it started requires Salesmanship, Connections at the Local, State and Federal Levels, Greasing the Skids, and Funding levels not readily available to most of America.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

I doubt that we will see pre-covid prices again.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Monopoly. There's a reason the government puts restrictions and taxes on imported primers. Olin gives some of the fat profit to politicians through campaign contributions and lobbying. Good luck to any new primer manufacturer. Hopefully they figure out how to grease the right wheels and won't have surprise inspections that result in imaginary violations. And of course that means their primers will end up just as expensive as all the others.

Boolit Bub
    Here's a good spot to monitor primer deals/availability: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/W...4673/&page=260

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast