Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Newbie Intro

Newbie Intro

Finally got around to joining. Have been a long time cast bullet shooter. Was purely BPCR for many years, but don't have the patience for the mess and the stink anymore and big floater in my right eye means no more heavy recoil. So, cast bullet shooting is now a smokeless diversion for me. Reduced load in my 03 Springfield and getting ready to start finding a load for my .32-40 High Wall. Also have a Japanese, Browning High Wall in .38-55 but have been struggling to find a load that will shoot consistently at 500 yds with light, 225 gr bullets. Suspect it might not be possible.

Anyway, I do my own gunsmithing, make reticles for Unertls and similar scopes, but not as a business. Do it for friends/fellow shooters. Just did two Feckers this past week.

Enjoy talking old guns and solving problems. Still consider myself a newbie to casting and shooting rifles. Always something new to learn.

regards,
    Rob

WELCOME ABOARD BOB.

What state do you reside in?

I'm charlie, 73 in April & from behind enemy lines in Northern California.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

You sound like a man with experience, unlike me when I came aboard. Welcome!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be 71 in March. I live in the People's Republic of New Yawk. Only thing that keeps me here is our summer place on Oneida Lake and a 1000 yd range about 6 miles away and a 500 yard range with matches every Sunday about 40 miles north. Plus the club up north has a group of shooters that I'm not sure I could ever replace. Wilton is truly a unique club. Great bunch. We shoot indoors in the winter. Wood stove, shirt sleeves, flip-up windows and targets from 50 to 500 yds. Tomorrow is our monthly silhouette match. Standard targets at 200, 300, 400 and 500 yds.
    Regards,
    Rob

Boolit Master
    Snakeoil I am 2 and a half hours away. After looking at the Oneida club online I have to tell you that you are a lucky man. My local four out of six clubs do nothing. Well two do trap. I joined all and attempted to get them going and was labeled a black sheep as I wanted to shoot. They wanted to drink beer and talk about shooting. Let me tell you shooting alone gets old. WELCOME TO THE FORUM
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Welcome! I have learned a lot from the members and replaced a lot of casting equipment that was lost in a hurricane thanks to the members here!

Welcome. Glad to hear some good folks still reside there. Like here, country folks all got it figured! Sounds like a neat place!

Boolit Master
    Sometimes minute of turkey and hole in the horn is a nightmare instead of a dream. Cast at distance is rewarding when you find it. Got my handgun grand slams slinging lead. Fun. Good Luck with your quest and hello from the dark side.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to Castboolits from Baton Rouge , Louisiana !

Come on in and we'll pass a good time .
    My 30-06 is a 1903-A3 Springfield , what a coincidence !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"