Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had it with Cabela's

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I rarely go in Cabela's anymore. The prices went from to high to stupid when Bass Pro bought them. When I see a sale flyer with a good price on something I want, I will go to get that one item. I don't put anything on order that I'm not sure I'm going to get soon.
    Strangely enough; the last thing I bought from Caellas was "Levi Blue Jeans" with the Redhead trademark. They had a Large table full of them after Christmas on sale for $11 and there were some that would fit me (I am 6'4"" so not always "On the Rack" when I go shopping. The deal could not be passed by; so I bought 4 pair.

They also have at this Cabellas store a 6 foot wide Glass Counter with the Various Smokeless Powder selections on display with small stickers saying "For Display Only". If one asks for Powder; the always answer for more the 18 months has been - WE DON'T HAVE ANY.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Both those businesses were/are primarily clothing stores. Clothing has huge markups, so that is their primary focus. Fishing and hunting/shooting supplies are only the "hook" to get you into the store.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    It’s not Cabela’s fault. It’s Bass Pro’s fault. They now own Cabela’s and from the day they took over ownership of Cabela’s it’s been this way. Merchandise quality is far worse today than when Cabela’s was a stand alone company. Today the name “Cabela’s” is a name only. It is actually a Bass Pro store putting a different sign up on the building. I just about quit going there for anything. It’s not what it used to be. I dealt with Cabela’s since the day they started. I quit holding them in high regard right after Bass Pro got their hands on them.
    That's my exact thoughts and experience. I knew Cabelas was going to get watered down significantly. That's the way of the world. When good and bad get together. The good doesn't make the bad good. The bad makes the good BAD......something else to lament in this day and age.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Grand Master
    The Richmond, VA Bass Pro always struck me as a pretty good place… if you went upstairs, there was a large gun section with lots of good reloading stuff. The Cabela’s about 5-10 miles away was somewhat smaller, but a larger portion of their floor space was devoted to gun stuff. Gander Mountain came in with one of their larger stores, and they had a bunch of guns. Unfortunately for all of these “big box stores” Richmond already had a large locally owned sporting goods store called Green Top, a big box store with a local feel. They moved up to the Gander Mtn store building when that company went broke, and they keep the other two on their toes and honest.

Everybody is feeling the supply chain crunch, getting uncertain and irregular shipments. Some are doing the best they can for their customers, some are just doing the best they can for themselves. Remember which ones were which when they had what they thought of as the advantage when hopefully this too passes.

For the record, it’s a 120 mile trip for me to any of these stores, so when I make the trek down to the Capital City, I usually hit all three and maybe the LL Bean mini store nearby as well. Sometimes, even now, one or another of them will have something I want, and at least the Bass Pro has a fairly good seafood restaurant attached, a real treat for a guy who lives in the foothills of the Appalachians.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

The one here is competitive I think. They have some powders and sometimes even have primers. I have been getting Anderson lowers for about $70 also.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Nearest to us up north there is 2 hours. I go once and go to the "bargain cave" 1st. I count on nothing else. But last trip they had snow camo outer shells for $3.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Banned
    I purchased powder online from them to pickup in store and had a good experience. But if you fail to pick it up by a certain date they automatically refund your card. My recent experience with Powder Valley was magnificent and I'll go them from now on. Yes, there is a hazmat fee but if you buy $200 then no shipping charges and I got it super fast and got a mix of BP and smokeless. Cabela's does not sell BP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12