Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Dremel Reinforced Cutoff Wheels

Vendor Sponsor

Dremel Reinforced Cutoff Wheels

I have searched fleabay and after careful deliberation (looking CLOSE at the photos of the cheapie wheels) I have noticed that the wheels have varying size holes in the center, which would have these things all out of balance, easy to fly to pieces in your face..

They also look pretty shabby on the construction. You can get 50 of them for less than $10 100 for less than $25 and the more I thought about it I decided that just ONE of the genuine Dremel brand wheels would outlast 5 or more of these *** wheels.

I use these a LOT in the shop, my favorite tool for shortening a bolt or screw, cutting off pieces of tubing, making tools or spacers, anything that needs a superb cutting tool in a limited space, etc..

The best deal I can find on genuine DREMEL wheels is from Zoro tools, you can order from them or from their ebay sales, but here's the ones you want, these are the GOOD ones:

Dremel
    Reinforced Cut-off Wheels, PK20 $29.99 + $5 shipping
    Zoro #: G0605757 Mfr #: 426B

Attachment 310099

https://www.zoro.com/dremel-reinforc...ctid=170188945
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

DougGuy
    I start all my die grinders under the bench top, and they stay there till the wheels are dressed to true them up true.
    Not as bad in a 1/4" or actual dremil tool. But in 1/8" pencil grinder at 60-80000 rpms or a 100000 rpm dotco they become really dangerous. under the bench top gives some added safety.

I've seen different types and sizes of the mandrel they fit on that chucks up in the dremel.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

$29.97 on Amazon with free shipping for Prime. Thanks for the heads up on these Doug. Ordered a pack.
    Ron

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve had bad experiences using economy cut of disks on angle grinders. You get what you pay for.

Boolit Master
    i have some non-reinforced wheels. they are very easy to shatter.

Boolit Master

Haven’t tried the smaller wheels but I’m pretty pleased with the Lenox Metalmax on a 4” grinder. They cut a hair slower than old school wheels, but last much longer. No worries about shattering.

https://www.lenoxtools.com/pages/lenox-metalmax.aspx

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I’ve had bad experiences using economy cut of disks on angle grinders. You get what you pay for.
    China must be reserving their better quality stuff for downunder - have had ZERO problems with cheapie cutoff wheels on my dremel (actually have also two cheapie chinese dremels that I prefer to the one real one I have) dont use many of the reinforced cutoff wheels - the little thin non reinforced ones cut about three times faster (they thinner) yes they fragile ding em up on the bench and they gone but have never had one shatter in a cut unless I did something wrong. same same with the thin cutoff wheels in larger angle grinder 4", 5" 6" - pay attention and dont jam them and no problems . Have a 9" Makita that I used to use but its pretty much parked now (too much gun!!)

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I have searched fleabay and after careful deliberation (looking CLOSE at the photos of the cheapie wheels) I have noticed that the wheels have varying size holes in the center, which would have these things all out of balance, easy to fly to pieces in your face..

They also look pretty shabby on the construction. You can get 50 of them for less than $10 100 for less than $25 and the more I thought about it I decided that just ONE of the genuine Dremel brand wheels would outlast 5 or more of these *** wheels.

I use these a LOT in the shop, my favorite tool for shortening a bolt or screw, cutting off pieces of tubing, making tools or spacers, anything that needs a superb cutting tool in a limited space, etc..

The best deal I can find on genuine DREMEL wheels is from Zoro tools, you can order from them or from their ebay sales, but here's the ones you want, these are the GOOD ones:

Dremel
    Reinforced Cut-off Wheels, PK20 $29.99 + $5 shipping
    Zoro #: G0605757 Mfr #: 426B

Attachment 310099

https://www.zoro.com/dremel-reinforc...ctid=170188945
    DougGuy -- I "discovered" and became so enthralled with the EZ-Lock line of Dremel accessories I actually purchased another Dremel tool to exclusively use these in metal cutting! I, too, found the best deal from Zoro , and if you should wish to give it a try, a mandrel plus box of wheels will set you back about $22.00 USD. However, if you "shop around" -- much better deals are out there... I used to purchase the plain-Jame "Heavy Duty" cutoff wheels, and frankly got tired of watching them buzz down to mandrel size in use or breaking/flying about. These hardly ever break, and cut/grind awesomely! You may wish to invest in a set?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZ mandrel.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	310149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZ Cut disk.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	310150

Boolit Buddy
    The EZ lock wheels work best for me, they cost a bit more but they out last and out perform anything I've tried so far. I use them not only to cut things off but also grind and shape things like bolt guides when tuning revolvers.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    DougGuy -- I "discovered" and became so enthralled with the EZ-Lock line of Dremel accessories I actually purchased another Dremel tool to exclusively use these in metal cutting! I, too, found the best deal from Zoro , and if you should wish to give it a try, a mandrel plus box of wheels will set you back about $22.00 USD. However, if you "shop around" -- much better deals are out there... I used to purchase the plain-Jame "Heavy Duty" cutoff wheels, and frankly got tired of watching them buzz down to mandrel size in use or breaking/flying about. These hardly ever break, and cut/grind awesomely! You may wish to invest in a set?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZ mandrel.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	310149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZ Cut disk.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	310150
    I will change over to these new locking wheels next go round. I used one of the wheels out of the Zoro bulk pack, says dremel on the label and the wheels LOOK better than the generic 50 or 100 piece "specials" but they are eccentric, not the same as the 5 pack wheels that you pay out the wazoo for. They do have the small hole, but it ain't centered very well.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    DougGuy, you will like that EZ Lock system. I bought them to work on demilled 03a3's, and find they work well making the relief cut around the barrel shank, and cutting out the magazine cutoff. They have a certain amount of "give" if you bind them a bit, that would instantly shatter the cheap thin ones.

Someone turned me onto these little gems, and they're GREAT!! Diamond impregnated, don't shatter, last forever, and if I recall, cheaper than dirt. I've used them on steel, brass, aluminum, etc.. Got them on Ebay. Ya might take a look. jd

Attachment 310345
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Banner Sponsor

I really like the ez-lock wheels also. I'm working on a sten, they cut great and last soo much longer.

Boolit Grand Master
    hoodat

What's the name of that wheel or where did you get it? They look good.

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    hoodat

What's the name of that wheel or where did you get it? They look good.
    I will try to go back on my Ebay history and see if I can find it. They are unmarked and un branded. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    Someone turned me onto these little gems, and they're GREAT!! Diamond impregnated, don't shatter, last forever, and if I recall, cheaper than dirt. I've used them on steel, brass, aluminum, etc.. Got them on Ebay. Ya might take a look. jd

Attachment 310345
    They even come with a three year protection plan!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Maybe I'm just a dinosaur but I tried those quick change arbors and didn't like the way it let the wheels flop side to side,plus the attachments are more expensive. I saw those ebay wheels. Now that I know they work I may have to buy some.
    hoodat was crash test dummy on this one.