Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Accuracy and ballistic testing of the NOE HTC 356-135-rf suppressed subsonic

Boolit Master

Accuracy and ballistic testing of the NOE HTC 356-135-rf suppressed subsonic

I got a new one up today on the NOE 356-135 suppressed subsonic. Casting 30-1 coated in Kryptonite green. I am running this out of a Ruger PC9. I was very pleased with the results. I was glad I had the Slow Motion camera set up focused on the gel. It really knocked the mess out of that ballistic gelatin. If you want to skip the loading stuff and directly to the testing goto 11:04 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501agFmGbSU
    Last edited by kweidner; 02-03-2023 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master
    Well done video! I would have guessed the 30:1 lead:tin mix to be problematic with leading, even with the coating. There is no arguing with the expansion, either.
    There's definitely enough good things going on there, to make a "2-legged varmint" rethink his career ambitions in a hurry!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    I really appreciate it. I have been shooting that mold in that gun for almost two years. That was the first time I decided to try and catch one. So glad I did. It is one of my absolute favorite guns.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Grand Master
    Very good results. I did not watch the loading part but enjoyed the shooting and analysis.

Weight retention and expansion were surprising.

Nice job and thanks for posting.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I was surprised myself on the weight retention. Anytime I got many more in the works. I am going to do the .458 300 grain HP this weekend I believe while the gel is still fresh. It gets to stinking after awhile even refrigerated.

Boolit Master
    Nice video. Your load seems accurate enough, but I'm not sure I'd consider that an adequate self defense loading. But more than well enough for critters. Thanks for sharing.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!