Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gobekli Tepe

Quote Originally Posted by Cris T View Post
    This guy does a good job with ancient stuff:
    Megalithomania really is a cool bunch of information to dive into.
    Thanks for the link to that presentation.

The Bible says that Cains son started the Bronze Age about 3500 bc. The flood was about 2200 bc. It really changed earth and made it look older. Gods influence and a discovery could change things fast. Think how fast things change now.

In the middle and late '90's my father and I would sit at the kitchen counter with cups of coffee, solving the problems of the world and catching up. One of the topics we revisited several times was how information from various disciplines kept pointing to a time of about 12,000 years ago, that something stupendously catastrophic had happened to planet Earth. The Younger Dryas impact theory came along and started to flesh out an idea of what it could have been. Established scientists initially rejected the idea with haste, later eating crow and then of course the possible impact sight was found in Greenland. That was all well and good, but could the Greenland impact account for the changes ascribed to that point in time? Didn't look like it. Well, I bumped into this fellow's work on trying to map the effects of an impact on the North American ice sheath. I enjoyed it and hope someone else will too.
    https://www.youtube.com/@Antonio_Zamora/featured

I've always been fascinated by that ancient history.
    There is ideas that some disaster happened about 12,000 years ago, and some say it was more like 20-odd thousand years ago.
    I wonder if the time lines are a little off, and both are right.

I've wondered about the buried cities in ancient Egypt and the Middle East.
    I can see them abandoning a city for one reason or another, but why bury them?
    That's an incredible amount of work just to leave them and go somewhere else.
    If they left due to drought or disease-- why bother?

However; when excavated, they aren't buried in small particles of wind blown sand, but with the various sizes of rock, dirt,
    and sand that would have washed along in a great tsunami wave--- which some scientist types think could have been a mile high.
    Like floods & such we have now- it isn't just water that they bring. There's all sorts of mud, gravel, & trash that comes with them.
    In the American North West there is big boulders sitting on top of hills & mountains.
    About the only way they could get there is to be washed along by a really big wave.
    If that happened 20-something thousand years ago, it kind of fits with how ancient cities could get fairly uniformly buried all at once.

If the oceans came and washed more or less over the continents, then eventually the big puddles/lakes of sea water evaporated.
    Certainly the landscape would have changed, and there would be very few survivors. Civilization would have to restart.
    That would also help explain the large salt deposits on top of the ground all over the world.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Ed, the other day another something I wasn't familiar with popped up, a meteor strike in the Indian Ocean that made a 30 kilometer wide crater and brought tidal wave inundations of several coast lines (South America, Africa, Indonesia, Australia) and a deluge of rain spreading around the world. Currently the guesses as to when are around 6000 year ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/@OzGeographics/videos

With the location and angle of impact for the Chicxulub strike, the Younger Dryas strikes, and now this Burckle strike; as a friend of mine once remarked, God is the perfect marksman.

A really good book on the subject of the Watchers by the late Michael Heiser is "Unseen Realm -Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible". Dr. Heiser was a seminary professor and his untimely death from pancreatic cancer was only a few weeks ago. Many brief excerpts from his teaching sessions are posted on YouTube.

Heiser's Reversing Hermon, Enoch, The Watchers & The Forgotten Mission Of Jesus Christ is one of the books bedside. I'm about ready to go back to working my way through it.

Boolit Buddy
    I had to write a short paper for a 101-level archaeology class and chose to do it on Gobekli Tepe. My conclusion was that the site was as likely to have been a prehistoric restaurant as a place of worship.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsingleshot View Post
    I had to write a short paper for a 101-level archaeology class and chose to do it on Gobekli Tepe. My conclusion was that the site was as likely to have been a prehistoric restaurant as a place of worship.
    You need to get with the program. And I trust you didn't get a very good grade on that.
    Everybody knows that ALL ancient ruins that aren't obviously a commoner's home,
    are either a temple, or a tomb for royalty.

EVERYONE!

It's just going to get funner as more is uncovered.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xcunh_SMuRQ

The Why Files guy is good. Another on youtube is a channel called 'Bright Insights'.
    It's done by a guy that served in the Middle East and then went back over there looking at the ancient civilization stuff.
    He doesn't really try to solve any mysteries as he just points out things, and does sort of a 'what do you think about this'?.

He also has pictures of himself in full battle gear when he was there in some of the ancient Sumerian buildings.
    Then he shows himself in them now---- after the Taliban reduced them to piles of rubble.

EVERYONE!

Thanks for heads up, will look up Bright Insights.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Heiser's Reversing Hermon, Enoch, The Watchers & The Forgotten Mission Of Jesus Christ is one of the books bedside. I'm about ready to go back to working my way through it.
    Somewhere I have it in my mind that back 20K years prior to the Flood the Watchers were good angels, like pre-fallen (?) and God assigned them here, like their duty station with recovering humanity. In places like Gobleki Tepe and many other locations around the world, these were training centers...teaching farming, civics, etc and such, Like they were re-establishing the Earth again from some catastrophic event even farther back in time. Like gathering roaming tribes, hunter gatherers and teaching them to work the soil and learn to live together & cooperate with other hg's.
    Somewhere between 20K yrs. ago and 12K, things started going wrong and by 4K BC...the Fallen Angles did their mischief and that culminated about 1.6K years later with Noah's Deluge.

It's been 30+ year since I studied these things, I doubt if my recollection of something so vague is even close anymore but all this has always fascinated me.

I've had good Christian friends get real concerned over my interest in all this, I tell them it doesn't change what I believe about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit one little bit. I'd just like to know.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Thanks for heads up, will look up Bright Insights.

Another interesting thing--
    The guy that wrote 'Con-Tiki' back in the late 50s I think wrote another book about another of his adventures
    with primitive boats and the travels of ancient people.

He pretty well proved that ancient people, more than 20,000 years ago had trade route and settlements all over the world-- in both oceans.
    The reason pyramid and giant stone block buildings look so similar all over the world is because of this interaction.
    Whatever happened that far back shut down those civilizations and building construction all over the world at the same time.

The Egyptians came along later, after the really grand pyramids were built.
    In all their hierogylphs-- there's no mention of building them or moving the giant blocks.

He figured the reason why people in the Pacific Islands, Mexico, America, and South America were so receptive to Europeans
    (at least at first) and were not surprised at seeing them.
    They had an oral history of people that looked like them coming from the sea, and were waiting for them to come back.

If our civilization suffered the same fate, our collective knowledge would be lost too.
    The only people to survive would be hunter gatherer types.
    All the white collar workers and 'city people' be the least likely to survive..

EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Somewhere I have it in my mind that back 20K years prior to the Flood the Watchers were good angels, like pre-fallen (?) and God assigned them here, like their duty station with recovering humanity. In places like Gobleki Tepe and many other locations around the world, these were training centers...teaching farming, civics, etc and such, Like they were re-establishing the Earth again from some catastrophic event even farther back in time. Like gathering roaming tribes, hunter gatherers and teaching them to work the soil and learn to live together & cooperate with other hg's.
    Somewhere between 20K yrs. ago and 12K, things started going wrong and by 4K BC...the Fallen Angles did their mischief and that culminated about 1.6K years later with Noah's Deluge.

It's been 30+ year since I studied these things, I doubt if my recollection of something so vague is even close anymore but all this has always fascinated me.

I've had good Christian friends get real concerned over my interest in all this, I tell them it doesn't change what I believe about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit one little bit. I'd just like to know.
    There are a few people still digging into it these days. And, they have new technologies to work with!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    I'm no "scientist" but I'm not scientifically ignorant either. I can see that our hyperbolic Algore and cute little girl Thune idiots are wrong. Trust me fellows, Miami and Manhattan are safe from flooding, there is need for anyone to run to the mountains to avoid being drowned in massive rising seas.

To the Chicken Littles who do fear that global seas will rise and drown us all I ask, "Are you not puzzled by the fact that scary hot seas are said to be rising on some islands but ... not on others? "Follow that by, "What do you not know about the science of plate tectonics?"

My scientific point being that we're told earth's surface is a layer of thick, massive continental plates that float on a liquid magma core. The plates are said to slowly shift against each other. And they're obviously great heat sinks. It makes sense that such huge plates will continue to float while slowly rising and falling independent of any tiny (silly fractions of a single degree actually) surface air temperature variation.

If all that is so, and I do believe it is, huge chunks of continental land have always been sliding along while rising or falling a few inches over each other for centuries with no foolish connection to polar ice supposedly melting because of our smelly belches, foul gas powered cars and stinking cow pharts!

Nothing will change the minds of group-think loonies but I've not yet had any knowledgeable global warming believer challenge any part of that argument.

In closing Mr. Gebirgsiogeri (Post #4), anyone who tells you scientists can precisely measure the height of any point on earth at 4.474 feet above sea level (within +/- .001 feet?) will probably lie to you about other things too!
    I know that plate tectonics was a very disputed thing when I was in high school. My Geology teacher, Mr. Eklund, thought it was a stupid idea. He also denied the existence of bird-hipped dinosaurs. Even though there were pictures of them in our textbook. He was, himself, an old fossil, about like I am now...

There are a few people still digging into it these days. And, they have new technologies to work with!
    I think that's great. But...main stream archeology has a hard line on how they see history, they have a narrative and they won't budge off of it an inch. Any archeologist trying to present new historical data they've pieced together are blackballed, can't even write their white papers for peer review, they won't have any part of it.
    The one book that really got my curiosity up was about 'Out of Place Artifacts' - 'OOPARTS', can't for the life of me remember the author (Graham Hancock or maybe Michael Cremo), it's about things found buried in Coal seams and solid rock, things like gold necklaces and electrical looking artifacts. Etc.
    Someday it'll all be revealed, I guess when the ruling elite blueblood families have all lost control of earth? I hope that is very soon.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    He also denied the existence of bird-hipped dinosaurs.
    There was a dinosaur chaser several years ago that had a few documentaries.
    When he challenged the idea that dinosaurs weren't all stupid lumbering creatures that lived in swamps---
    He was almost burned at the stake for being a heretic by his peers.

20 years or so later, he is being proven to be right.

I think a lot of human history will follow the same path.
    A lot of ancient civilization is easy to see and prove out their accomplishments,,,,,, the timeline of them, not so much.
    It's one thing to estimate the age of a rock. When it was shaped or carved on is not.

Incompetent teachers abound.
    A buddy talked of doing a science paper on the idea that the poles shift and swap every so often.
    The learned teacher failed his report and about laughed him out of the class.
    I wonder where that clown is now.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 04-22-2023 at 07:22 PM.

EVERYONE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12