Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Newer Lee Deluxe APP Press

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
    I finally decided it was time to try this thing out so I ordered last night.

I don't find decapping useful at all, unless you're trying to do neck sizing only. Why make a one step process into a two step process? My Lee Pro 4000 has a case feed and will decap and size in one stroke. I just put one die in the machine then they are ready for washing.

Bullet sizing looks interesting. I can't get my boolits to fall uniformly into the tubes. Maybe I need a reducer? Even if I forget the tubes it would probably be a wee bit faster than using the classic sizing dies. Kind of like a Star press but without the added lube.

What I really wanted was a fast way to swage primer pockets. I have a Dillon Super Swage 600 but it's not super fast. I have a huge box of range pick up 556 brass that I'm dreading to process. Any time save here would be worth the price alone.
    I always deprime separately. Two reasons why I do this, since I clean before sizing to prevent running dirty brass through my dies and when cleaning the primer pockets come cleaner, and I can check primer pockets with my gauge to make sure they aren’t blown out before proceeding further in the cleaning process.

Boolit Master
    I de prime before putting in the stainless pin tumbler. If they are really dirty, I run them in walnut shell before de priming, then run with pins. I hate cleaning primer pockets and this eliminates that.