Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newer Lee Deluxe APP Press

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Horse View Post
    Do you have a link to American Accurate ? Tried a search but only came up with YouTube and eBay.
    Lee’s collator leaves a lot to be desired with rifle brass

Thanks
    Yeah, I think their only storefront is ebay. Go to ebay and search: New Design American Accurate Collator for Lee PRO 1000 and Loadmaster Press
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Are you sizing? The package blister for the 9mm says not to size 9mm with xpress shell holders.
    Yes, I'm resizing with it, that's the main reason I bought the thing. Is there a redesigned or improved shell holder available and does it work without tearing rims off?

This thing could be the most useless product lee has made since the ''perfect'' powder measure of the 1990's.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    Yes, I'm resizing with it, that's the main reason I bought the thing. Is there a redesigned or improved shell holder available and does it work without tearing rims off?

This thing could be the most useless product lee has made since the ''perfect'' powder measure of the 1990's.
    I already said, the new shell holders fixed that problem.

So, I finally got my hands on the new Lee Deluxe APP this weekend. I already had the ACP and I noticed the Lee sold an upgrade kit for about $4o and I thought why not see if this actually works. Well, it does, it's a priming son of a gun now. But it does have some things to be aware of while using it. I did have some primers the got seated sideways, I might not of had it adjusted right and yes, there are adjustments...
    One thing I noticed right off the bat, was that the case shuttle was binging up on the new injection molded assembly. I removed the red shuttle and inserted 2 5.56 cases in the bottom rail and set it in the sun for about an hour, then in the freezer, tada... it slides effortlessly now.

Over all I like it, it made priming cases a very short endeavor.

https://leeprecision.com/acp-upgrade-kit
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Buddy
    My shell holder moves and I am thinking if I get some O rings that my be enough to keep it from turning resulting in brass not going in well. My luck is it will lift the shell holder then the brass will have a speed bump to deal with.
    rrh

Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    My shell holder moves and I am thinking if I get some O rings that my be enough to keep it from turning resulting in brass not going in well. My luck is it will lift the shell holder then the brass will have a speed bump to deal with.
    rrh
    You are using the flat plastic shell holder right? If so, there is a black plastic tab on the left side of the primer slid that needs to be pressed towards the press as you depress the flat plastic shell holder. That is the adjustment I was referring to.

Boolit Buddy
    the shell holder will turn a bit, this one https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022386023?pid=769001

Right, I don't think you can use that shell holder with the new Deluxe APP for priming. Maybe not even at all, unless you disconnect the 2nd red spring.
    On my original APP I have noticed that the shell holder has some movement as you stated as well, but everything is level.

The new Deluxe APP kit above comes with 3 black plastic inserts that are a flat base. 1 for large primers, 1 for small primers and 1 for decaping brass. The only thing the X-press shell holder offer to this is sizing and Lee does not recommend that on the APP now. idk.
    Last edited by deces; 05-14-2023 at 03:52 AM.

I guess I’m missing something. I have the original app. The acp is a different press? And the deluxe app is another different press? I always hand prime my brass, but love the app for recapping and resizing.

Think of this as the ACP 2.0, The ACP is not even in this years catalog.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Nice video, looks pretty good except for the one thing Lee still hasn’t fixed. That’s the crappy primer trays, you can clearly see in the video almost half of the primers in the tray are flipped sideways. They should take a clue from the tray in the Frankford Arsenal hand primer and do something similar to that.

I thought I would add to this discussion about some changes I made with my new Lee Deluxe APP.

First was I got the Squirreldaddy APP decaping pins, it's a 3pk on their website instead of 1 as stated.

Second is a 3d printed case feeder to replace the Lee one, since every time I try to run 7.62x39, it jams up.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5380589
    I recently found this marketplace where you can have your parts printed if you provide them with the STL. https://www.treatstock.com/my/print-...urce=main-page

With that and some 1/4-20 nylon bushings to replace the nut above mounting bracket, now the hopper does not sway like a boat in the ocean while running it.

I replaced the Lee collator with the "New Design American Accurate Collator" and just about every case from .223 and up has been feeding up right since.

Today I primed about 100 cases for .243 with the Deluxe APP no problems. Every case fed correctly with the aftermarket New Design American Accurate Collator. Very fast & pleasurable experience.

Yesterday I realized that the older ACP small, large inserts that are made out of steel, will not work with the New Deluxe APP. At least without two modifications to both the steel inserts and the adjustable "bucking bar" that orientates the priming inserts. I'd rather use the steel versions that the plastic ones that now comes with the Deluxe APP. T think Lee did this on purpose, they did not have to make the old version obsolete.

Boolit Buddy
    Does anyone here have both the original app press and the new deluxe app press?

If so, how do they differ other than the priming feature? Is the deluxe actually a standard app but just having the different slider/priming base, or are there other differences?

I see that lee has an upgrade kit to turn the acp into an app deluxe, is it possible to get this upgrade kit to make the app into an app deluxe?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

So Lee has made 3 versions of the APP type presses, the original, the ACP & now the deluxe APP. The ACP was Lee's attempt at making it an auto-primer and I guess it was okay... but it relied on the tiniest of springs to operate and would fall off into the abyss easily. The Deluxe, is the second attempt and it is a priming son-of-a-gun once dialed in.

Yes, the $40 kit from Lee will upgrade your APP, into the Deluxe version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pdw.jpg  
    Last edited by deces; 10-10-2023 at 01:49 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have an original APP and love it, but couldn't see spending the money on the ACP when I have a Lee auto prime II that still works well (a little fussy with small primers though), then see the deluxe and the ACP upgrade kit. All the pictures I could find the APP and deluxe looked like the same press other than the primer feed, so I emailed Lee and they said they didn't sell any parts that could upgrade the old APP, BUT, they would guff me 50% of a new deluxe which isn't that cheap when bought direct from them.

Anyway, the upgrade kit has all the necessary parts for the priming feature? They don't break down the list in much detail.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Txcowboy52 View Post
    I really enjoy my Lee APP press . It does everything I bought it for better than I expected. Granted I strictly use mine for bullet sizing. I use NOE sizers with the press, I hate sizing bullets, but with this press it’s a pleasure.
    EXACTLY. AWESOME LITTLE PRESS FOR MY NEEDS. I also like roller handle.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

deces.......correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the deluxe is better bought as a second press. I'm having a hard time seeing why I would want to convert my APP into a Deluxe.....and make it into a priming machine, when what I'm really enjoying is the APP case processing. I have a bench primer that works.

Granted there is no bench primer with a case feeder........but if I want one that bad, I'd rather have a dedicated Deluxe to do just that and keep my Processing press on line at the same time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast