Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite cast bullet - Snub Nose 38 Spl

Quote Originally Posted by owejia View Post
    At 76 yrs old no speedy fast draws but always try to be aware of all things going on around me, avoid going to bad places when possible. Am quite comfortable with this load with my Chief's Special.
    Well said. Being aware is most of the battle.

Boolit Master

I don't load cast for any defensive ammo. Modern bonded jacket HP's are superior.

359 hammers chrome powder coated over 5 grains of Winchester Auto Comp. They shoot accurately and look like metal ash trays.

Boolit Master
    I got a Accurate 36-125D that makes it easy to load from a speed loader. Conventional lube or PC. Shoot more PC nowadays. Does real well in my bodyguard and accurate to 30 yards. I fought hand feeding and trying to load at the range. Switched to this bullet and all is well. Use the gun to teach beginners with smallish hands the basics. NO complaints whatsoever. Easy to load and recoil is mild. If I need a bigger hole, the 45ACP gets used or S&W19 with some magnum load.

Boolit Buddy
    My Model 36 no dash normally gets loaded with H&G #50 wadcutter seated flush and 2.7 grs Bullseye or crimped in top lube groove and 3.0 grs Bullseye for standard non plus p loads.
    I have tried the 358156 and 5.5 grs AA #5 again for non +p loads and they seem ok. Don't want any extra stress on my old Model 36. Been a faithful companion for many, many years. Also discovered that standard velocity wadcutters do a lot more damage on man or beast soft tissue than they are given credit for.

I just started loading/casting again with 38 special. I have the 140G Lee LSWC PC @ .358 over 4.8g of Winchester 572. (I use the 572 because I have a lot of it because I also reload 20 gauge).
    Leaning on the bench this load is as accrete as 130g jacked factory practice ammo. they are fun through my model 60 and 686, but not something I would try to shoot a bunch through my 637.
    Last night I loaded a 3 boxes @ 4.8 and 1 box @ 4.2g. I bet the 4.2 will be softer in the 637 for playing. Interested to see how well they shoot in the 60/686 as well. Fastest might not be most accrete.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123