WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Newest acquisition Winchester Model 12 in 20 Gauge

Boolit Master

Newest acquisition Winchester Model 12 in 20 Gauge

I have a lifelong love affair with Winchester Model 12's; have owned quite a few and cobbled with a few. This one is a special gun to me and evokes times of the 1950's when I and my brother would hunt Quail with a old 16ga Stevens single shot. That is until Dad acquired a Win Model 12 in 12ga. Really kinda hard to "take turns" in hunting with it, but we managed. Later on Dad got another model 12 and the Universe was again in balance. Still have both of those shotguns.
    I bought my newest model 12 last week and got it in hand this past Tuesday. I was expecting a gun that would need a bit of TLC in the rebuilding arena, but I was pleasantly surprised, other than a thorough take down and cleaning she's ready to go. Stripped out the trigger group and took apart the bolt and found nothing amiss. Other than years of almost Cosmoline looking gunk that needed to be removed, the action is smooth and about ready for it's newest first firing.
    Here's some pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WIN 20A.jpg   WIN 20.jpg   WIN 20B.jpg   WIN 20C.jpg   WIN 20D.jpg  

WIN 20E.jpg   WIN 20F.jpg  

Boolit Master

Nice, Model 12's are my favorites. I all ready have too many shotguns but would always have room for another Model 12.

Nice! I have always wanted a model 12 to go with my 1958 model 50 that I refinished the wood on.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

This one was birth'd in 1955 and still in great condition. I'm like you lancem, always have a spot in my gunrack. I once bought one that had been painted and didn't fit right and the action wouldn't work. A couple of hours and with paint stripper and proper assembly she work'd great. The arrows that are supposed to align were not turned right, simple fix. Paid $225 and later sold it for $650. Wasn't a model 12 that fell in like my others.

Boolit Master
    sparky,
    Very nice M12. I never found one, but did get the next generation Winchester shotgun, a Model 25, in 2009. I love to walk afield with my loyal dogs, a Sweet 16 or the M25, BUT our Game Commission had done nothing to CONTROL avian predators, so we have very few grouse on my upland PA farm. I did see two different grouse last season and did not have the heart to eliminate my few resident grouse.

I did use old paper roll crimp shells and recalled my first small game season in 1958.

I like old pump shotguns and use them often on the local trap field.

Adam