Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: Revelation shotgun

Boolit Master

Revelation shotgun

Can anyone tell me about the Revelation Western Auto shotgun? I believe it was made by Mossberg and are slide action? And what would be a fair asking price?
    best
    atr
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Even in great shape, I’d pay no more than $200 for a used Mossberg pump shotgun.
    I just bought a Maverick (Eagle Pass Mossberg) 20 gauge Youth pump for $225 brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Revelation Western Auto single shot .22 when I was twelve. (1968). I think it was in fact a Mossberg. You might find out if it matches the standard M500, or if it's a critter to it's own that may not be fixable, or possible to find parts and such. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    Can anyone tell me about the Revelation Western Auto shotgun? I believe it was made by Mossberg and are slide action? And what would be a fair asking price?
    best
    atr
    Western Auto sold many different manufacturers guns under its brand. I have a Revelation single shot 12 that was made by Savage???

Boolit Buddy
    Revelation 20 gauge pump shotgun (mossberg 500 clone) has been very dependable for a squirrel/rabbit weapon. Worth every dime which I paid for it, which was $30. Very light weight and points like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayone View Post
    Western Auto sold many different manufacturers guns under its brand. I have a Revelation single shot 12 that was made by Savage???
    Yep.......

You need to look for the Western Auto model number on the gun (usually on the barrel) to determine the maker via the Western Auto store brand crossover list

"Western Auto" branded shotguns wre made by several different companies; the the only "Revelation" branded shotguns were Savage & Mossberg.

The Savage pumpgun was listed as the Revelation 300; the Mossy pumpgun as the Revelation R310

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%...ouse_guns.html
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

My last Tactical Project was a Montgomery Wards/ Mossberg 500. The Monkeyberg! It is identical to every other M500 except for the markings on it. You may see it on the "What I did to my Shotguns" thread.

I missed a Western Auto Marlin 336 for $300 a few years ago. Was pretty sick about that as it was in great shape and worth 3 X that on day one. The "Branded Generic Guns" sold by these places are bringing good $ from collectors now. They are Identical in every way except the markings but are much cooler as they are definitely period correct to the 50's and 60's. My Uncle had a Sears Pump Action Shotgun that was made by Hi Standard. Hi Standard made excellent Shotguns and Pistols.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com