Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, January 27

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, January 27

Good morning all. I can't help but be reminded of "...O ye of little faith"(Matthew 6:30). Have a safe and blessed day.

Look Again and Think
    By Oswald Chambers

Do not worry about your life… —Matthew 6:25

A warning which needs to be repeated is that “the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches,” and the lust for other things, will choke out the life of God in us (Matthew 13:22). We are never free from the recurring waves of this invasion. If the frontline of attack is not about clothes and food, it may be about money or the lack of money; or friends or lack of friends; or the line may be drawn over difficult circumstances. It is one steady invasion, and these things will come in like a flood, unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the banner against it.

I say to you, do not worry about your life….” Our Lord says to be careful only about one thing— our relationship to Him. But our common sense shouts loudly and says, “That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, and I must consider what I am going to eat and drink.” Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing yourself to think that He says this while not understanding your circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things to the point where they become the primary concern of our life. Whenever there are competing concerns in your life, be sure you always put your relationship to God first.

Sufficient for the day is its own trouble” (Matthew 6:34). How much trouble has begun to threaten you today? What kind of mean little demons have been looking into your life and saying, “What are your plans for next month— or next summer?” Jesus tells us not to worry about any of these things. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the “much more” of your heavenly Father (Matthew 6:30).

Wisdom From Oswald Chambers

God does not further our spiritual life in spite of our circumstances, but in and by our circumstances. Not Knowing Whither, 900 L
    Last edited by Pine Baron; 01-27-2023 at 08:05 AM.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

For me, as I age there is less and less that I want or need.....I suppose it is the lust of youth to compete and possess....as I have aged I have become more concerned for God, Jesus, and others! As most of us mature, at least in my circle, it seems that we are more concerned for our relationship with God than when we were young.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen, I totally agree Paul.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    For me, as I age there is less and less that I want or need.....I suppose it is the lust of youth to compete and possess....as I have aged I have become more concerned for God, Jesus, and others! As most of us mature, at least in my circle, it seems that we are more concerned for our relationship with God than when we were young.
    I totally agree, well said.

O that I would decrease that Jesus would increase in my life.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Amen Paul…
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.