Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Starting the "32 Retinue"?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in, sign me up!

41 49.40%
  • Sounds interesting, I'm following along

29 34.94%
  • You're kidding, right?

3 3.61%
  • I'm a Neanderthal, nothing less than 44 for me.

1 1.20%
  • What's a 32?

9 10.84%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: The 32 Retinue

I like my .32 (and .30) pistols. I've got the following 30/32 cal pistols in my stable.

.32 ACP - Colt 1903
    .32 S&W Long - Hammerli 280 target pistol
    .327 Fed - Taurus Revolver
    7.65 French Long - Mas-1935s
    30 Luger - Ruger P89
    7.62 Tokarev - Yugo M57
    7.62 Nagant Revolver - M1895 Nagant
    .30 Carbine - Taurus Raging Carbine revolver
    .310 GNR (wildcat) in an Encore pistol.

I've also got about a dozen different molds suitable for these.

This is my only one. If I have any luck, I'll have more.

Attachment 309775
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    I’m a 32 fan.
    My oldest New Departure First Model, 3 digit serial.
    Youngest Shield EZ 30 Super Carry.
    And I’ve got a few in between.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	091EEE37-63DD-4986-9282-27B1652A007B.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	309817
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    I did not vote. What surprises me is how few are interested. It seems there was a lot of discussion on .32 threads.

Maybe people have smarted up and realized the .38/.357's are best in revolvers and 9mm best in semi-autos.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I did not vote. What surprises me is how few are interested. It seems there was a lot of discussion on .32 threads.

Maybe people have smarted up and realized the .38/.357's are best in revolvers and 9mm best in semi-autos.
    LOL
    Gotta Laugh...IDK what the "Best" of anything is!!! Funnest, is much more important to me.. No Fun???? I'm Not Going...
    I personally have at least my share of Fun with .32...as well as my .38's... hell.... My .44's provide bundles... But Not as Much as .45's
    Later on we'll bust out the Win 94 with Cast Boolits!!!
    Sometimes I even Challenge Convention!!!... Looking at an antique 32 S&W, Break top Revolver... A Challenge... I hope...
    Or... I could Buy all the latest and Greatest High Zoot "stuff" for my 10-22, and Brag abvout the Groups I "Bought"
    ... Nah!!!

Boolit Master
    32’s are the best at converting lead into fun.
    35’s are the best at converting felons into leaking lumps.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

It’s a good thing that last part was in pink, because everybody knows .357SIG is the king of bottom feeders!

If I ever see this .327 on the shelf of my local Sportsman’s, I will immediately loose $700+tax. I read an article somewhere where a guy put an octagon barrel on one of those - gorgeous.

Name:	F9FC6B33-52AD-45F6-9CA3-AF35321F497A.jpeg 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	309820

Fellow .32 addict, here. After not being on the forum for three years, Greenfrog lured me back. Hopefully I'll get back into things. Somewhere I have a thread about my Model 64 to .327 conversion. I also converted a Dan Wesson 15 to .327. I also have .32ACP's that I enjoy very much. Hope to reengage visiting the forum and working on more projects that have languished.
    Cheers

Mark

Boolit Master
    Justin dad,
    I found one used, very lightly used a few years back. It would not accept factory ammo in all the chambers. Hence the lightly used part. I wound up running a finishing reamer through all the chambers, reamed the chamber exits and finished all with a flexhone. Now it works!

The grips were too skinny for me to shoot it well. So I tried my hand at making grips. Came out looking ok and really improved my shooting with the little gun.

Actually I still think full throttle 327’s are a bit much for the bird’s head grip frame. I run prey much 32 H&R level loads in it.

Name:	611CDA01-ED4A-45A6-9085-D297F6C5BAE3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	309830

Name:	6DD31E69-67D6-457C-84CE-1988A02B1528.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	309831

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    Fellow .32 addict, here. After not being on the forum for three years, Greenfrog lured me back. Hopefully I'll get back into things. Somewhere I have a thread about my Model 64 to .327 conversion. I also converted a Dan Wesson 15 to .327. I also have .32ACP's that I enjoy very much. Hope to reengage visiting the forum and working on more projects that have languished.
    Cheers

Mark
    Welcome back, my old friend! I truly enjoyed our chat last night… cell phones are wonderful inventions. Be sure to stop by the 32 Retinue Group in the Communities pull down at the top of the page. I’ve even put a link there to your (in)famous Model 64 conversion thread.
    Looking forward to hearing from you often.
    Your Friend the Frog
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I did love shooting my 1903 Colt. Very accurate. Gun was made for easy concealed carry. Just felt perfect in the hand. Wife fell in love with it and decided every pistol should be a .32

But...I hated reloading it and searching for cases after a long shooting session. So, it was fired less and less. Eventually sold off.

Boolit Master

I jumped from the pan to the fire when the 22lr became a thing from the past a few years ago. next thing I notice is I have 5 in the safe now I too would love to see a Marlin Rifle is 32 Mag.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master
    ^QUITTER!!
    Actually, I feel your pain, My Autos get neglected, but I like my roundguns very much.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

If the .32 thread of the day is interesting, it will be followed, so I don't think a dedicated .32 fan club is particularly necessary. . .but take that FWIW. For me, .312" is almost entirely an academic diameter - the superior/established logistics of things shooting .35 and .30 (to say nothing of .22LR) put it into the "don't need the added hassle" category.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I really think we will see a Marlin sooner rather than later. The past few years has not exactly been good for the company. Other than Marlin, Henry is the only major lever action manufacturer I can think of that makes anything besides a basic 30-30 or 45-70. Maybe Rossi, but I doubt they would be competitive with Henry. Marlin at least has a reputation that could sell a 327. Outside of a lever action, where would a 327 be popular? A single shot would be one, but again, Henry is the only USA manufacturer of single shots that would be suitable I'm aware of. The Ruger #1 in 327 probably is never going to happen. I think Ruger would rather make it in their 77 bolt action, but I don't think their 357 magnum version is very popular to begin with.

These are the 327's I'd love to see happen.

Henry single shot rifle- I'm surprised it doesn't already exist
    Ruger blackhawk in multiple barrel lengths. I'd love to see a 10 1/2" barrel option, although I admit it probably isn't going to happen. *Freedom Arms does sell such a beast if you are willing to pay for it*
    S&W K frame
    S&W J frame, but not with that stupid porting. Just something simple like the model 60.
    Taurus 327 redesigned. They should really be going just a little bigger. That gun is already pretty big for pocket carry. Make it a 7 shot, give it a 3" or 4" barrel with real sights and you would have a winner.
    Charter Arms 6" model

Also Ruger SP101 updated, or replaced, all models. It's a good size, but outdated. It should really be holding 6 of 38's, and 7 of 32's for how big the frame is. Nobody makes grips for them. Just give it the same grip stud as the GP100 and Redhawk, make them all the same.

Ooh, I have to disagree a tad on the Ruger SP101 revision. I would be much much more wanting a 6 chamber cylinder than pick up an extra. I count to six.

Making it bigger or heavier is the wrong direction. Buy a GP100 for bigger and more chambers.

If anything put the SP101 on a slight diet. (but no polymer crap!).

A nicer 4-5” SP101 with a better adjustable sight.

A 4” K frame combat masterpiece style would be ideal, not full lugged!

A model 16 classic would be a sweet offering in the classic series.
    Last edited by Lance Boyle; 01-28-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    It’s a good thing that last part was in pink, because everybody knows .357SIG is the king of bottom feeders!

If I ever see this .327 on the shelf of my local Sportsman’s, I will immediately loose $700+tax. I read an article somewhere where a guy put an octagon barrel on one of those - gorgeous.

Name:	F9FC6B33-52AD-45F6-9CA3-AF35321F497A.jpeg 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	309820
    I saw one at the Fredericksburg Gun Show, but $859 was too rich for my blood.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Froggie, your build article in The Fouling Shot was great. You need to write more.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    I must admit that I DO like the name ".32 Retinue". It DOES have a certain "ring" to it.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Grand Master
    The word retinue literally means something slightly different... normally it indicates a group who follow a king, or a celebrity, but I took a little literary license because it sounded so good and I didn’t want to be a copy cat and use “associates” like the 44 guys did decades ago. Strange? Perhaps, but the firearms community at large seems to regard us as a little out of step anyway, so I proclaim, “Embrace the Strange!”
    Regards,
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh75287 View Post
    I must admit that I DO like the name ".32 Retinue". It DOES have a certain "ring" to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    The word retinue literally means something slightly different... normally it indicates a group who follow a king, or a celebrity, but I took a little literary license because it sounded so good and I didn’t want to be a copy cat and use “associates” like the 44 guys did decades ago. Strange? Perhaps, but the firearms community at large seems to regard us as a little out of step anyway, so I proclaim, “Embrace the Strange!”
    Regards,
    Froggie
    Being borderline illiterate... I Googled it.. I'm In...I think

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast