RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Starting the "32 Retinue"?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in, sign me up!

41 49.40%
  • Sounds interesting, I'm following along

29 34.94%
  • You're kidding, right?

3 3.61%
  • I'm a Neanderthal, nothing less than 44 for me.

1 1.20%
  • What's a 32?

9 10.84%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Poll: The 32 Retinue

Quote Originally Posted by RJM52 View Post
    Well....did it to myself again...just when I'm all settled in on my .327s with nothing left to buy, had a conversation with an acquaintance who I had purchased a custom revolver from...it was a Ruger Single-Six based gun and he happened to mention he was thinning down his .32 "herd" and was selling off a Single-Seven...and made the mistake of asking which model....

Of course it was THE ONLY ONE THAT I WAS INTERESTED IN but had felt save in that it was a limited edition with very few on the market...

So now I'm about to become the owner of a 4 5/8" blue lightweight that was a distributor exclusive...probably arrive next week sometime...

...never ends...

Bob
    First, you have my .... Condolelations? Congratulences? Maybe simply congratulations!

Second, sadly, it does end. That's all the more reason why we need to enjoy what we enjoy while we can!

Boolit Grand Master
    Those Lipseys exclusives are pretty nice. Mine now has replacement Williams Firesights that make a real difference when it come to seeing and shooting with 69 year old eyes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	327 ruger black.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	319700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3803.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	319701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3807.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	319702
    IIRC, Target shot in 2020, just after Christmas. I think it was at 50 feet, but may have been 25 yards, I just don't remember.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 11-07-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    ...that's the one. From what the original owner told me he pulled the sights and sold them and replaced them with a Fermin Garza front and square notch rear. He also threw in a FO front...

...he also never shot it.

Bob
    Last edited by RJM52; 11-12-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    For the life of me, I can not figure why they came with the XS "Big eye" dangerous game type sights. The big, white dot, front sight with the shallow V rear did nothing for accurate shooting, especially with "senior" eye sight. Some guy named Mann claimed credit for suggesting the design, but if it was me, I'd wear a bag over my head.

'
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I have a Colt Commander with an XS Big Dot front and a custom Karl Sokal "U" in the rear that is very easy to see and shoot fast...and holds elevation much easier than a V...

Novak now makes about the same rear replacement rear sight..

Bob

I’ll play, here’s my .32-20/310 Cadet. It shoots 150 gr .321 boolits so it’s a .32.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00687B7D-9CD5-4A76-B2E3-B0C809799714.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	319917

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    I’ll play, here’s my .32-20/310 Cadet. It shoots 150 gr .321 boolits so it’s a .32.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00687B7D-9CD5-4A76-B2E3-B0C809799714.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	319917
    Amen, brother. You’ve got a witness! Welcome to the club!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, my summer project has come to a close, 8 of the pocket pistols tested were 32's, three were 380's. All of them are capable of being used for self defense, save the H&R. I am starting to believe that those were never very good, though I did find a you tube video of a guy emptying a magazine without any problems.

Anyways, it was a lot of fun and I learned some things. But in particular, my respect for the genius of John Browning was increased. His 1903 design, which actually was completed a couple years earlier is still a viable design today. There are not many other machines that you can say the same thing about. There's still a couple more guns on my radar--notably the Ortgies pistol and the Armi Galesi 512 series pistol. I'd also like to find one of the blow forward Schwarzlose pistols, just for giggles and grins. But in the main, I have just about all that I want, and I dare say more than I need.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Well, my summer project has come to a close, 8 of the pocket pistols tested were 32's, three were 380's. All of them are capable of being used for self defense, save the H&R. I am starting to believe that those were never very good, though I did find a you tube video of a guy emptying a magazine without any problems.

Anyways, it was a lot of fun and I learned some things. But in particular, my respect for the genius of John Browning was increased. His 1903 design, which actually was completed a couple years earlier is still a viable design today. There are not many other machines that you can say the same thing about. There's still a couple more guns on my radar--notably the Ortgies pistol and the Armi Galesi 512 series pistol. I'd also like to find one of the blow forward Schwarzlose pistols, just for giggles and grins. But in the main, I have just about all that I want, and I dare say more than I need.
    Glad I got the opportunity to be in on your season of fun! I may know where there’s an Ortgies, but I won’t see the owner for about a month. I’ll let you know what I find.
    Your Phriendly ‘Phibian

Boolit Grand Master
    See you Saturday, weather and God permitting.

Yes, I too have several 32s both long and short barreled. A lot of challenges to be solved in getting them running. Many hours of fun just working them up. Add me if you will, please.

I'm interested. I don't have a 32 at present, but I've always had an interest, and an eye out, for the Single Six in 32 H&R Magnum. You ain't kidding that 32's and 32 stuff is hard to come by, same as 44 specials.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Grand Master
    It was a Bisley 32 H&R that my brother found that stimulated my renewed interest in the 32 genre. That thing can flat out shoot.

Boolit Master

Got home for some leave finally and took out my new to me Ruger Single Six. Only ammo on hand that I had loaded was some .32 ACP. Just casted up some Lee TL314-90-SWC. Have S&W, S&W Long and H&R cases to fill (course those 7.65mm cases can be used)
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Grand Master
    Welcome back and thank you for your service. Where are you located now that you’re back stateside? I oughta be able to come up with some blastin’ ammo if you’re anywhere near Central VA. I’d be glad to gift you some.
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Home for a month bottom corner of NC along the coast, south of Wilmington. Then back to Baghdad
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Grand Master
    Sorry, CD. I won’t be down that way until January… for my other hobby, Scuba diving.
    Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Careful, froggie, you'll get wet!

Boolit Grand Master
    Frogs breathe through their skin… we have to stay wet or we die!

Boolit Grand Master
    Ok, but don't say nobody warned you.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast